Document › Details
1st Detect Corporation. (12/13/12). "Press Release: 1st Detect Awarded U.S. Patent for Novel Mass Spectrometer Ion Trap Control Technology". Austin, TX.
|Region||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||1st Detect Corporation|
|Organisation 2||US Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)|
|Group||United States (govt)|
|Product||ion trap mass spectrometry technology|
|Product 2||MMS-1000™ Miniature Mass Spectrometer|
|Person||Pickens, Thomas B. (Astrotech 201201 CEO of Astrotech + Chairman 1st Detect Corp)|
|Person 2||Wylde, James (Astrotech 201201 VP Business Development at 1st Detect Corp)|
1st Detect Corporation, a subsidiary of Astrotech Corporation (Nasdaq:ASTC), announced today that the United States Patent Office ("USPTO") has allowed the issuance of a key patent for the company's unique method to miniaturize the electrical circuitry for a mass spectrometer ion trap used for chemical analysis and detection.
"We are extremely pleased that the USPTO has allowed this patent. This patent is an important component of our intellectual property portfolio as it allows 1st Detect to miniaturize mass spectrometers without sacrificing performance." said Thomas B Pickens III, Chairman and CEO of 1st Detect. "The patent clearly validates our technology and both demonstrates, and protects the progress we have made in the development of the 1st Detect Miniature Mass Spectrometer."
The patent, entitled "End Cap Voltage Control of Ion Traps", published as USPTO No. 8,334,506, represents a key technological advantage for 1st Detect to optimize the operation of an ion trap using compact and efficient circuitry.
"The technology protected by this patent supports our objective to offer the most affordable, high performance miniature mass spectrometer for both laboratory and field applications." added David Rafferty, the inventor of the novel technology and President and CTO of 1st Detect.
1st Detect Corporation has developed an instrument that revolutionizes the chemical detection and analysis market by delivering lab performance mass spectrometry in a small, affordable and easily portable package. The 1st Detect mini mass spectrometer's broad capabilities make it an ideal tool for a variety of applications in the research, security, industrial, process flow and healthcare markets; and is capable of detecting a wide variety of chemicals including residues and vapors from explosives, chemical warfare agents, toxic chemicals, food and beverage contaminants and pollution products.
About 1st Detect Corporation
1st Detect Corporation was formed by Astrotech Corporation (Nasdaq:ASTC) to develop and commercialize miniature mass spectrometer technology first developed under an agreement with NASA for use on the International Space Station. 1st Detect offers a breakthrough miniature mass spectrometer that fills an unmet need by being highly accurate, rapid, lightweight, and cost-effective.
About Astrotech Corporation
Astrotech is one of the first space commerce companies and remains a strong entrepreneurial force in the aerospace industry. We are leaders in identifying, developing and marketing space technology for commercial use. Our Astrotech Space Operations business unit serves our government and commercial satellite and spacecraft customers with pre-launch services on the eastern and western range. 1st Detect Corporation is developing a breakthrough miniature mass spectrometer, while Astrogenetix, Inc. is a biotechnology company utilizing microgravity as a research platform for drug discovery and development.
This press release contains forward-looking statements that are made pursuant to the Safe Harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such forward-looking statements are subject to risks, trends, and uncertainties that could cause actual results to be materially different from the forward-looking statement. These factors include, but are not limited to, continued government support and funding for key space programs, product performance and market acceptance of products and services, as well as other risk factors and business considerations described in the Company's Securities and Exchange Commission filings including the annual report on Form 10-K. Any forwardlooking statements in this document should be evaluated in light of these important risk factors. The Company assumes no obligation to update these forward-looking statements.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Vice President, Business Development
1st Detect Corporation
1st Detect Corporation
401 Congress Ave, Suite 1650
Austin TX 78701
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Astrotech (Group)
-  1st Detect Corporation. (9/27/16). "Press Release: 1st Detect, an Astrotech Subsidiary, Strengthens IP Portfolio. Granted U.S. Patent for Fast, Highly Sensitive Chemical Analysis without Sample Preparation". Austin, TX....
-  1st Detect Corporation. (8/23/16). "Press Release: Astrotech’s 1st Detect and Battelle Collaboration Awarded Phase III of the DOD’s JPEO-CBD Next Generation Chemical Datection Solution". Austin, TX....
-  Astrotech Corporation. (12/4/14). "Press Release: Astrotech’s 1st Detect Appoints Seasoned Industry Executive Bob Kibler as CEO". Austin, TX....
-  Astrotech Corporation. (11/19/14). "Press Release: Astrotech’s 1st Detect Announces OEM-1000PI Awarded RoHS Compliance Certification". Austin, TX....
-  Astrotech Corporation. (11/18/14). "Press Release: Astrotech’s 1st Detect Announces European CE Certification for MMS-1000". Austin, TX....
-  Astrotech Corporation. (11/14/14). "Press Release: Astrotech Reports First Quarter 2015 Financial Results". Austin, TX....
-  Astrotech Corporation. (11/12/14). "Press Release: Astrotech’s 1st Detect Announces Its Successful Introduction of the iONTRAC at the Gulf Coast Conference". Austin, TX....
-  1st Detect Corporation. (1/29/14). "Press Release: 1st Detect Corp Announces OEM Agreement". Austin, TX....
-  1st Detect Corporation. (12/10/13). "Press Release: 1st Detect Awarded U.S. Patent for Novel Mass Spectrometer Design". Austin, TX....
-  1st Detect Corporation. (9/25/12). "Press Release: 1st Detect MMS-1000 Launched in European Union with TransGlobal Distributors". Austin, TX....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]