Document › Details
1st Detect Corporation. (3/12/12). "Press Release: 1st Detect Introduces the MMS-1000 Miniature Mass Spectrometer". Austin, TX.
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||1st Detect Corporation|
|Organisation 2||Pittcon (The Pittsburgh Conference on Analytical Chemistry and Applied Spectroscopy Inc.)|
|Product||MMS-1000™ Miniature Mass Spectrometer|
|Product 2||Pittcon 2012 Orlando|
|Person||Wylde, James (Astrotech 201201 VP Business Development at 1st Detect Corp)|
1st Detect Corporation, a subsidiary of Astrotech Corporation (Nasdaq:ASTC), announced today the introduction of its first commercially available product, the MMS-1000™ Miniature Mass Spectrometer, designed for use in the research laboratory market. This week, the Company is showcasing and taking orders for the MMS-1000™ at PITTCON, the world's largest annual conference and exposition for laboratory science.
The MMS-1000™ is a high performance laboratory instrument capable of rapid MS/MS detection of trace levels of volatile compounds in approximately five seconds. The sophisticated laboratory professional can now have true mass spectrometry in a compact package at an affordable price.
The 1st Detect patented technologies provide a versatile platform that can be applied to many applications in the security and industrial markets including airports, border security, first responder, military, agricultural, water treatment, refineries, chemical plants, pharmaceutical manufacturing and process control.
From March 12-15, 2012, 1st Detect's marketing and technical teams will be at PITTCON at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, FL. Please come visit us at booth #963 for MMS-1000™ product demonstrations and discussions with our team members.
About 1st Detect Corporation
1st Detect Corporation was formed by Astrotech Corporation (Nasdaq:ASTC) to develop and commercialize miniature mass spectrometer technology first developed under an agreement with NASA for use on the International Space Station (ISS). 1st Detect offers what we believe is a breakthrough miniature mass spectrometry technology that fills an unmet need by being highly accurate, rapid, lightweight, durable and cost-effective. For more information on 1st Detect Corporation, please visit www.1stDetect.com.
About Astrotech Corporation
Astrotech is one of the first space commerce companies and remains a strong entrepreneurial force in the aerospace industry. We are leaders in identifying, developing and marketing space technology for commercial use. Our Astrotech Space Operations business unit serves our government and commercial satellite and spacecraft customers with pre-launch services on the eastern and western range. 1st Detect Corporation is developing what we believe is a breakthrough miniature mass spectrometer, while Astrogenetix, Inc. is a biotechnology company utilizing microgravity as a research platform for drug discovery and development.
This press release contains forward-looking statements that are made pursuant to the Safe Harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such forward-looking statements are subject to risks, trends, and uncertainties that could cause actual results to be materially different from the forward-looking statement. These factors include, but are not limited to, continued government support and funding for key space programs, product performance and market acceptance of products and services, as well as other risk factors and business considerations described in the Company's Securities and Exchange Commission filings including the annual report on Form 10-K. Any forward-looking statements in this document should be evaluated in light of these important risk factors. The Company assumes no obligation to update these forward-looking statements.
VP, Business Development
1st Detect Corporation
+1 972 617 9939
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Astrotech (Group)
-  1st Detect Corporation. (9/27/16). "Press Release: 1st Detect, an Astrotech Subsidiary, Strengthens IP Portfolio. Granted U.S. Patent for Fast, Highly Sensitive Chemical Analysis without Sample Preparation". Austin, TX....
-  1st Detect Corporation. (8/23/16). "Press Release: Astrotech’s 1st Detect and Battelle Collaboration Awarded Phase III of the DOD’s JPEO-CBD Next Generation Chemical Datection Solution". Austin, TX....
-  Astrotech Corporation. (12/4/14). "Press Release: Astrotech’s 1st Detect Appoints Seasoned Industry Executive Bob Kibler as CEO". Austin, TX....
-  Astrotech Corporation. (11/19/14). "Press Release: Astrotech’s 1st Detect Announces OEM-1000PI Awarded RoHS Compliance Certification". Austin, TX....
-  Astrotech Corporation. (11/18/14). "Press Release: Astrotech’s 1st Detect Announces European CE Certification for MMS-1000". Austin, TX....
-  Astrotech Corporation. (11/14/14). "Press Release: Astrotech Reports First Quarter 2015 Financial Results". Austin, TX....
-  Astrotech Corporation. (11/12/14). "Press Release: Astrotech’s 1st Detect Announces Its Successful Introduction of the iONTRAC at the Gulf Coast Conference". Austin, TX....
-  1st Detect Corporation. (1/29/14). "Press Release: 1st Detect Corp Announces OEM Agreement". Austin, TX....
-  1st Detect Corporation. (12/10/13). "Press Release: 1st Detect Awarded U.S. Patent for Novel Mass Spectrometer Design". Austin, TX....
-  1st Detect Corporation. (12/13/12). "Press Release: 1st Detect Awarded U.S. Patent for Novel Mass Spectrometer Ion Trap Control Technology". Austin, TX....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]