Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (6/1/09). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Introduces Next-generation ICP-MS Offering Unmatched Data Integrity, Ease of Use, Smallest Footprint". Philadelphia.
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today introduced the 7700 Series Inductively Coupled Plasma - Mass Spectrometer (ICP-MS) trace element analyzer. This successor to the world's best-selling ICP-MS, the Agilent 7500 Series, provides unmatched data integrity, is simple to operate and occupies the smallest amount of bench space by far of any ICP-MS instrument.
"ICP-MS analysis is becoming more routine while labs are measuring greater numbers of elements, to lower levels, in more challenging samples. And there's growing demand for higher quality data along with more throughput and easier operation," said Chris Toney, Agilent vice president and general manager, mass spectrometry systems. "We set out to design a totally new instrument that addresses these needs, and the early-access users tell us they're very pleased with the results."
The most obvious feature of the new 7700 Series is its small size, occupying just 73 cm of bench space. The mainframe footprint is more than 30 percent smaller than any other ICP-MS. Despite its small footprint, the 7700 Series sets a new standard for ICP-MS performance and ease-of-use in a rugged package.
Enhanced Collision/Reaction Cell Technology
Collision/reaction cells have been adopted as the industry-standard technology for removing spectral interferences in ICP-MS. Agilent's Octopole Reaction System (ORS), featuring helium collision mode, provides the most reliable and effective interference removal, especially for complex and unknown sample types. The 7700 Series features a new, third-generation cell (ORS3) that further improves the efficiency of helium mode, eliminating the need to use reaction mode (with reactive cell gases such as hydrogen) in almost all applications. This simplifies operation and eliminates false positives that frequently occur with reaction mode, thereby improving data quality.
The new collision/reaction cell, plus Agilent's unique High Matrix Introduction technology, which is standard on the 7700, make the instrument particularly well suited for complex sample types such as food, wastewater and soil digests. A redesigned ion lens improves sensitivity and reduces background noise across the mass range.
The 7700 Series features Agilent's new ICP-MS MassHunter software, which is easy to learn and use while offering the power and flexibility needed by routine and research labs. MassHunter is Agilent's common MS software platform, used across the entire family of Agilent GC/MS and LC/MS instruments, greatly simplifying staff training and support.
ICP-MS MassHunter incorporates many new productivity-enhancing features such as Expert Autotune, One Click Plasma Setting and Batch-at-a-Glance real-time data review.
To meet the growing requirement for speciation measurement, the 7700 Series easily connects to Agilent's 1200 Series liquid chromatography or 7890 Series gas chromatography systems. Now with MassHunter's fully integrated chromatographic data analysis, speciation measurement by ICP-MS has become truly routine. For more information, please visit www.agilent.com/chem.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in communications, electronics, life sciences and chemical analysis. The company's 19,000 employees serve customers in more than 110 countries. Agilent had net revenues of $5.8 billion in fiscal 2008. Information about Agilent is available on the Web at www.agilent.com.
# # #
+1 408 553 7191
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports Fourth-Quarter 2016 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and PureHoney Technologies to Develop New Applications for RapidFire/MS System". Santa Clara, CA & Acton, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]