Document › Details
908 Devices, Inc.. (9/13/16). "Press Release: 908 Devices Announces Feature Upgrades for M908". Boston, MA.
|Region||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||908 Devices Inc.|
|Organisation 2||Department of Defense (DOD) (US)|
|Group||United States (govt)|
|Product||M908 handheld mass spectrometer|
|Product 2||high-pressure mass spectrometry (HPMS™ technology)|
|Index term||United States (govt)–908 Devices (LT)|
|Person||Knopp, Kevin J. (908 Devices 201303 CEO + Co-founder before Thermo Fisher + Ahura Scientific)|
|Person 2||Kenneweg, John (908 Devices 201503 VP Sales)|
Company deploys key updates to improve precision and simplicity of world’s first handheld mass spectrometer; inks orders with priority U.S. safety and security organizations
908 Devices, a pioneer of purpose-built analytical devices for chemical analysis, today announced several software and hardware improvements for its flagship high-pressure mass spec™ (HPMS) product, M908™. Since its introduction in 2014, M908 has expanded the capabilities of CBRNE and HAZMAT organizations around the world with fast and accurate identification of priority chemical threats, including chemical warfare agents, toxic industrial chemicals, and precursors.
Performance enhancements to the device heightened sensitivity and increased the Target List to more than 100 available targets with continued emphasis on current priority chemical threats. Close customer collaboration resulted in enhancements to the user interface and new workflows that guide users throughout operation. This includes the introduction of a Walkthrough mode, which serves as a guided graphical interface and measurement sequence for stepping users through trace to bulk material analysis. New sampling accessories simplify measurements across a range of field scenarios. A new vapor probe improves response time and sensitivity for priority, low-volatility materials, and new disposable Captive Sampling accessories simplify measurements of materials in difficult-to-control environments.
“We are constantly working with our users to bring improvements that simplify training and ease-of-use while updating and expanding the target list to keep customer capabilities current with what is happening in our world,” said Dr. Kevin J. Knopp, President and CEO, 908 Devices. “With continued support from the safety and security community, the usability and performance of the world’s first and only handheld mass spectrometer continues to get stronger.”
Most recently, 908 Devices has added the support of two key first response organizations, the U.S. Department of Defense and the Fire Department of the City of New York (FDNY), which have placed orders to deploy its industry-leading device. To further enhance its arsenal of threat detection resources, the Department of Defense has invested in an additional 50 M908 devices, which will also be deployed worldwide for use in a broad range of operations relating to chemical warfare detection and identification. In addition, the Fire Department of New York City, the largest fire department in the nation, will be deploying the technology to broaden its Hazardous Materials response capabilities.
"Our customers have made it clear that increased demands in the field call for more robust features,” said John Kenneweg, Vice President, 908 Devices. "The new enhancements bundled into our last two product upgrades respond directly to the unique challenges of the CBRNE and broader HAZMAT missions."
To learn more about M908, visit: http://908devices.com/products/m908/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also follow us on Twitter at @908Devices and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/908-devices.
About 908 Devices
908 Devices, is democratizing chemical analysis by way of mass spectrometry, offering point-of-need chemical analysis devices ranging from rugged, handheld chemical detection tools to compact, tiny footprint analyzers and fast separation devices. These purpose-built and user-centric devices serve a range of industries including safety and security, oil & gas, life sciences and other applied markets. 908 Devices is headquartered in the heart of Boston where they research, design and manufacture innovative products based on High Pressure Mass SpectrometryTM (HPMS).
For 908 Devices
Alex Henry, +1-617-502-4300
Alyssa Ludvino, +1-978-427-1026
Record changed: 2016-10-20
More documents for 908 Devices Inc.
-  908 Devices, Inc.. (6/21/16). "Press Release: 908 Devices Announces Significant Investments for Life Science Division Following Series C Funding Round". Boston, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (6/6/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Strengthens Life Sciences Leadership with New Instruments Launched at ASMS 2016". San Antonio, TX....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (6/3/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific and 908 Devices to Demonstrate Innovative Separation Technology with Industry-Leading Orbitrap Mass Spectrometers at ASMS 2016". San José, CA & Boston, MA....
-  908 Devices, Inc.. (6/2/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific and 908 Devices to Demonstrate Innovative Separation Technology with Industry-Leading Orbitrap Mass Spectrometers at ASMS 2016"....
-  908 Devices, Inc.. (4/26/16). "Press Release: 908 Devices Expands First Responder Toolkits in the Nation’s Capital with the Addition of Handheld Mass Spectrometers". Boston, MA....
-  908 Devices, Inc.. (3/22/16). "Press Release: 908 Devices Delivers Ballistic GC-MS Analysis Throughout the Hydrocarbon Processing Industry with the Launch of G908"....
-  908 Devices, Inc.. (3/8/16). "Press Release: 908 Devices Empowers Traditional Mass Spectrometry with the Launch of ZipChip". Boston, MA....
-  908 Devices, Inc.. (2/22/16). "Press Release: 908 Devices Named 2016 Energy Innovation Pioneer by IHS"....
-  908 Devices, Inc.. (2/2/16). "Press Release: 908 Devices Achieves ISO 9001:2015 Certification Standard"....
-  908 Devices, Inc.. (1/4/16). "Press Release: 908 Devices Introduces New Got Your Back Program"....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]