Document › Details
908 Devices, Inc.. (6/2/15). "Press Release: 908 Devices Awarded $11.5M Contract from the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA)". Boston, MA.
This contract fuels development of advanced GC-HPMS devices, providing broader chemical detection capability for military personnel
908 Devices, a pioneer of purpose-built devices for chemical analysis, today announced it was awarded a contract valued up to $11.5 million by the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) for the development of advanced chemical detection devices powered by High-Pressure Mass SpectrometryTM (HPMS) technology.
Under this development program, 908 Devices will integrate Gas Chromatography (GC) with its core HPMS technology creating a compact, lightweight chemical detection device that will provide warfighters with broader and more advanced analysis capabilities downrange.
DTRA fuels next-generation technology development programs with the goal of providing the Department of Defense (DoD) the means for countering threats posed by weapons of mass destruction and Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear and Explosives (CBRNE) threats. These developments support a range of Joint Program Executive Office (JPEO) acquisition programs for Chemical and Biological Defense including the Next Generation Chemical Detector (NGCD) Program managed by the JPEO’s Joint Project Manager for Nuclear, Biological, and Chemical Contamination Avoidance.
“We are honored to receive this contract from DTRA and support their mission to better equip our U.S. warfighters with improved threat detection capabilities,” said Dr. Kevin Knopp, President and CEO, 908 Devices. “Today’s responders are faced with a wider array of threats than ever before, and as the mission expands so must the toolkit. We believe the development of new product variants based on our core HPMS technology platform will play a key role in the future of threat detection and strengthen mission support.”
Under this program, 908 Devices will subcontract with the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (UNC-CH) along with other commercial entities and national laboratories. Professor J. Michael Ramsey, Goldby Distinguished Professor of Chemistry at UNC-CH and collaborators initially developed HPMS technology under funding from the Defense Advanced Research Agency (DARPA), Department of Energy (DOE) and DTRA. This platform has become the backbone behind 908 Devices’ product line, including the flagship product, M908, launched in 2014. M908 is a handheld survey tool for priority threat detection and is expanding first responder capabilities around the globe.
The addition of GC separation to the core HPMS platform will be a significant milestone that brings enhanced analytical capabilities to a diverse range of markets in addition to the company’s core safety and security customers.
About 908 Devices
908 Devices, an innovator in point-of-need chemical analysis, offers products from rugged, handheld chemical detection tools to compact, tiny footprint analyzers for researchers, serving a range of industries including safety and security, energy, petrochemical, and life sciences. 908 Devices is headquartered in the heart of Boston, where they research, design and manufacture innovative products based on High-Pressure Mass SpectrometryTM (HPMS).
To find out more about HPMS and M908 visit http://www.908devices.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also follow us on Twitter at @908devices and on LinkedIn at http://www.linkedin.com/908Devices.
For 908 Devices
Nikki Festa/ Alexandra Henry, +1 617-502-4300
Alyssa Ludvino, +1 978-427-1026
Record changed: 2016-06-07
More documents for 908 Devices Inc.
-  908 Devices, Inc.. (9/13/16). "Press Release: 908 Devices Announces Feature Upgrades for M908". Boston, MA....
-  908 Devices, Inc.. (6/21/16). "Press Release: 908 Devices Announces Significant Investments for Life Science Division Following Series C Funding Round". Boston, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (6/6/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Strengthens Life Sciences Leadership with New Instruments Launched at ASMS 2016". San Antonio, TX....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (6/3/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific and 908 Devices to Demonstrate Innovative Separation Technology with Industry-Leading Orbitrap Mass Spectrometers at ASMS 2016". San José, CA & Boston, MA....
-  908 Devices, Inc.. (6/2/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific and 908 Devices to Demonstrate Innovative Separation Technology with Industry-Leading Orbitrap Mass Spectrometers at ASMS 2016"....
-  908 Devices, Inc.. (4/26/16). "Press Release: 908 Devices Expands First Responder Toolkits in the Nation’s Capital with the Addition of Handheld Mass Spectrometers". Boston, MA....
-  908 Devices, Inc.. (3/22/16). "Press Release: 908 Devices Delivers Ballistic GC-MS Analysis Throughout the Hydrocarbon Processing Industry with the Launch of G908"....
-  908 Devices, Inc.. (3/8/16). "Press Release: 908 Devices Empowers Traditional Mass Spectrometry with the Launch of ZipChip". Boston, MA....
-  908 Devices, Inc.. (2/22/16). "Press Release: 908 Devices Named 2016 Energy Innovation Pioneer by IHS"....
-  908 Devices, Inc.. (2/2/16). "Press Release: 908 Devices Achieves ISO 9001:2015 Certification Standard"....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]