Document › Details
908 Devices, Inc.. (4/21/15). "Press Release: 908 Devices Equips State of Massachusetts’ Hazardous Materials Emergency Response Division with Handheld Mass Spectrometry for Downrange Chemical Detection".
|Region||Massachusetts (federal state)|
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||908 Devices Inc.|
|Organisation 2||Massachusetts (govt region)|
|Product||M908 handheld mass spectrometer|
|Product 2||analytical services|
|Index term||Massachusetts (govt)–908 Devices: mass spectrometer, 201504 supply State of MA Hazardous Materials Emergency Division acquires 8 M908 MS systems|
|Person||Knopp, Kevin J. (908 Devices 201303 CEO + Co-founder before Thermo Fisher + Ahura Scientific)|
|Person 2||Kenneweg, John (908 Devices 201503 VP Sales)|
908 Devices, a pioneer of purpose-built analytical devices for chemical analysis, today announced that the State of Massachusetts’ Hazardous Materials Emergency Response Division has purchased eight of the Company’s flagship product, M908TM. The devices will be used for routine response and large-scale events throughout the state such as the Boston Marathon, Fourth of July celebration and other city-wide events, arming response teams with enhanced chemical threat detection capabilities. This month HazMat Responders from across the entire state of Massachusetts gathered for operational training and mission readiness.
“As a Boston-based company, this deployment hits home for those of us here at 908 Devices,” said Dr. Kevin J. Knopp, President and CEO of 908 Devices. “With their recent purchase of M908, the State of Massachusetts’ Hazardous Materials Emergency Response Division is leading the community in recognizing the need to expand the first responder toolkit by incorporating new and innovative technologies.”
The Regional Hazardous Materials Response Division is an innovative response system designed to provide specialized response of personnel and equipment to the 351 communities of the Commonwealth; enabling them to protect the public, the environment, and property during incidents involving a release or potential release of hazardous materials. Six Regional Response Teams are strategically located for a maximum response time of 30-minutes from anywhere in the Commonwealth. The Regional Teams also support local fire departments with technical information and specialized equipment. By adding M908 to their toolkit, Regional Response Teams will now have the capability to detect and identify a targeted list of high-priority threats in seconds, with confidence and at extremely low false alarm rates. Regional Response Teams can utilize the device to quickly and safely monitor for priority chemical warfare agents, toxic industrial materials, and precursors to discern threats. The device will improve teams’ overall situational awareness enabling faster reaction and event neutralization in the hotzone.
“The unfortunate onset of extremist activity domestically and abroad indicates the increasing need to continuously evolve technology to protect our first responders and communities,” said John Kenneweg, Vice President of Sales, 908 Devices. “The powerful capabilities of M908 will provide the confidence, speed, power and fidelity required for today’s first responders, civilian support teams and military at the point of need. The ability to identify priority threats, or rule them out at the scene, makes M908 a critical tool for downrange operation.”
Record changed: 2016-06-07
More documents for 908 Devices Inc.
-  908 Devices, Inc.. (3/15/17). "Press Release: 908 Devices Secures $20 Million in a Growth Equity Funding Round". Boston, MA....
-  908 Devices, Inc.. (2/16/17). "Press Release: 908 Devices Optimizes High-quality Mass Spec Analysis Through Partnership Agreement with Thermo Fisher Scientific". Boston, MA....
-  908 Devices, Inc.. (1/18/17). "Press Release: 908 Devices Strengthens Life Science Leadership Team and Unveils Transformational Advancements to ZipChip". Boston, MA....
-  908 Devices, Inc.. (9/13/16). "Press Release: 908 Devices Announces Feature Upgrades for M908". Boston, MA....
-  908 Devices, Inc.. (6/21/16). "Press Release: 908 Devices Announces Significant Investments for Life Science Division Following Series C Funding Round". Boston, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (6/6/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Strengthens Life Sciences Leadership with New Instruments Launched at ASMS 2016". San Antonio, TX....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (6/3/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific and 908 Devices to Demonstrate Innovative Separation Technology with Industry-Leading Orbitrap Mass Spectrometers at ASMS 2016". San José, CA & Boston, MA....
-  908 Devices, Inc.. (6/2/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific and 908 Devices to Demonstrate Innovative Separation Technology with Industry-Leading Orbitrap Mass Spectrometers at ASMS 2016"....
-  908 Devices, Inc.. (4/26/16). "Press Release: 908 Devices Expands First Responder Toolkits in the Nation’s Capital with the Addition of Handheld Mass Spectrometers". Boston, MA....
-  908 Devices, Inc.. (3/22/16). "Press Release: 908 Devices Delivers Ballistic GC-MS Analysis Throughout the Hydrocarbon Processing Industry with the Launch of G908"....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]