Document › Details
AB Sciex. (6/22/11). "Press Release: Aarhus University Speeds Up Target Discovery and Verification in Biomedical Research with AB Sciex TripleTOF 5600 and QTRAP 5500 Systems". Denmark.
|Organisation||AB Sciex LLC|
|Organisation 2||Aarhus University, Laboratory for Proteome Analysis and Protein Characterisation (Enghild Lab)|
|Product||AB Sciex TripleTOF™ 5600 System|
|Person||Enghild, Jan J. (Aarhus Univ 201106 Professor Laboratory for Proteome Analysis and Protein Characterisation)|
Researchers at Aarhus University's Laboratory for Proteome Analysis and Protein Characterization in Denmark are starting a series of new proteomics discovery projects, using the first AB SCIEX TripleTOFTM 5600 System installed in Denmark as well as the AB SCIEX QTRAP® 5500 System. These mass spectrometry platforms allow targeted quantitative and rapid qualitative analyses of proteins and peptides that may be associated with human conditions, such as malignant cancers.
The protein chemistry laboratory, led by Professor Jan J. Enghild (www.enghild-lab.dk), has previously been involved in different biomarker identification projects. The researchers hope to verify the findings from some of these projects and to identify novel biomarkers for early stage development of lung, ovary, and prostate cancers, in collaboration with the Aarhus University Hospital. The new studies will use the outstanding speed and sensitivity of the TripleTOFTM 5600 System to reveal novel protein targets in different bodily fluids, for subsequent targeted analysis with the QTRAP® 5500 integrated triple quadrupole/linear accelerator trap.
The Enghild laboratory is engaged in many diverse collaborative projects, such as the characterization of protein aggregation in corneal dystrophies, investigations of human metabolic responses to fatty acids, and isolation of novel proteolytic enzymes in exotic creatures such as tarantula spiders.
Kristian W. Sanggaard, Senior Advisor at the Laboratory, Aarhus University
"We were looking for an instrument with high resolution, mass accuracy and sensitivity for our qualitative needs. By combining the TripleTOF System with the QTRAP 5500 System, we now have a fast, sensitive and robust platform with shared front-end technology and a very high analytical capacity that can be taken all the way from explorative discovery proteomics right up to targeted proteomics analysis."
Anthony Sullivan, European Regional Business Development Specialist, AB SCIEX
"The exceptional speed, capabilities and sensitivity of our TripleTOF 5600 and QTRAP 5500 Systems are essential for today's proteomics laboratories to analyse very low level peptides and proteins. The instruments' enhanced accuracy and throughput will allow scientists to push new limits of discovery and possibilities in a broad range of applications."
About AB SCIEX
AB SCIEX helps to improve the world we live in by enabling scientists and laboratory analysts to push the limits in their field and address the complex analytical challenges they face. The company's global leadership and world-class service & support in the mass spectrometry industry have made it a trusted partner to thousands of the scientists and lab analysts worldwide who are focused on basic research, drug discovery & development, food & environmental testing, forensics and clinical research. With over 20 years of proven innovation, AB SCIEX excels by listening to and understanding the ever-evolving needs of its customers to develop reliable, sensitive and intuitive solutions that continue to redefine what is achievable in routine and complex analysis. For more information, please go to www.absciex.com. Follow AB SCIEX on Twitter @ABSCIEX and on Facebook.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures. The trademarks mentioned herein are the property of AB Sciex Pte. Ltd. or their respective owners. AB SCIEXTM is being used under license.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Danaher (Group)
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (1/10/17). "Press Release: Tecan Appoints Klaus Lun Head of the Life Sciences Business Division". Männedorf....
-  Bayer AG. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bayer Develops Companion Diagnostic Test for Cancer Patients Together with Leica Biosystems [Not intended for U.S. and UK Media]". Leverkusen....
-  Danaher Corporation. (12/1/16). "Press Release: Danaher Announces Leadership Appointment". Washington, DC....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: New Clarity Columns Refine RP and IEX Chromatographic Analysis of Synthetic Oligonucleotides". Torrance, CA....
-  Pressure BioSciences, Inc.. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Pressure BioSciences, Inc. Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results and Provides Business Update". South Easton, MA....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (11/10/16). "Press Release: Sciex Supports Vital Cancer Prevention Research through Partnership with World Cancer Research Fund". Framingham, MA....
-  Danaher Corporation. (11/4/16). "Press Release: Danaher Completes Acquisition of Cepheid". Washington, DC....
-  Danaher Corporation. (10/31/16). "Press Release: Danaher to Present at Baird Industrial Conference". Washington, DC....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (10/27/16). "Press Release: Scientists Eradicate Leukemic Stem Cells by Targeting Cell Survival Proteins. Sciex Mass Spectrometry-based Solutions Lead to Leukemia Breakthroughs". Framingham, MA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/25/16). "Press Release: Phenomenex Adds Polar Mixed-Mode Selectivities to Luna LC Column Line". Torrance, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]