Document › Details
Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc. (ACD/Labs). (7/8/15). "Press Release: ACD/Labs and IDBS Partnership Delivers Live Analytical Data to ELN Interface". Toronto, ON & London.
ACD/Labs, a Toronto-based chemistry software company, and IDBS, a leading global provider of advanced software for R&D organizations, today announced a new partnership to deliver an enhanced analytical sciences environment for IDBS Electronic Laboratory Notebook (ELN) users in the chemistry and biology space.
The collaborative effort has begun with an integration of ACD/Labs' Spectrus and IDBS' E-WorkBook 10 web technologies to bring live analytical data into the scientists' ELN interfaces. Users can now view live-spectral, chromatographic, and curve data in their notebook entries for deeper insight, more accurate knowledge capture, and data analysis. Users can also transition directly into ACD/Labs' Spectrus Platform to manipulate the analytical data, with changes automatically reflected back into E-WorkBook 10 and vice versa.
Despite significant adoption of informatics technologies like ELNs, Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS), and Scientific Data Management Systems (SDMS) in various industries, the challenge of automatically collecting analytical data for reporting, analysis, and decision-making remains a significant hurdle. Furthermore, with the desire for better integration between laboratory informatics systems, a natural link between ELNs and analytical data is warranted.
"This is a significant advance in allowing R&D organizations to search, retrieve, and interpret live analytical data from their ELN. Demonstrating our early collaborative work to a wide range of customers at our respective User Group Meetings recently was an exciting moment for our two companies and re-confirmed the need for improved access to analytical data via the ELN interface," said Ryan Sasaki, Director of Global Strategy for ACD/Labs. "Analytical data is being used every day to drive chemistry and biology decisions and it makes sense to provide improved access to this data through other interfaces besides our own."
Over the past year, IDBS and ACD/Labs have provided sneak previews of development progress. The two way integration is a demonstration that these types of strategic partnerships are possible when the core technologies are enabled with good architecture and public APIs.
"Customers are looking to reduce their overall IT spend, simplify their solution provider landscape and to get greater ROI from their current infrastructures. Our push to innovate and provide an end-to-end analytical sciences informatics environment by integrating E-WorkBook 10 and ACD/Spectrus goes a long way to delivering against all three of these challenges," comments Paul Denny-Gouldson, VP Strategic Solutions for IDBS. "This move is part of our ongoing drive to work with like-minded partners with deep domain expertise. It reflects our vision to be the all-encompassing R&D backbone our customers need."
Due to the overwhelming response to the proof-of-concept, ACD/Labs and IDBS are running a joint analytical sciences forum and invite customers and prospects to contact them directly for more information.
View a video from IDBS Connect 2015 about our partnership
Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc., is an informatics company that develops and commercializes chemically intelligent solutions in support of R&D; and enables knowledge management of live, contextual analytical data. For more information about ACD/Labs follow us on Twitter @ACDLabs.
IDBS is a leading global provider of advanced software for research and development (R&D) organizations to securely capture, manage, share and exploit structured and unstructured data. For more information about IDBS visit www.idbs.com or follow on Twitter @IDBSsoftware.
P: (416) 368-3435
F: (416) 368-5596
Record changed: 2017-02-27
More documents for Advanced Chemistry Development (ACD/Labs) (Group)
-  Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc. (ACD/Labs). (3/6/17). "Press Release: ACD/Labs Introduces New Product for Managing Impurity Profile Information at Pittcon 2017". Chicago, IL....
-  Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc. (ACD/Labs). (11/30/16). "Press Release: Boehringer Ingelheim Selects ACD/Labs for International Deployment". Toronto, ON....
-  Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc. (ACD/Labs). (10/19/16). "Press Release: Schwabe Pharmaceuticals Selects ACD/Labs for Analytical Data Handling and Knowledge Management". Toronto, ON....
-  Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc. (ACD/Labs). (10/12/16). "Press Release: ACD/Labs Announces Updates to Its Informatics Software". Toronto....
-  Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc. (ACD/Labs). (8/23/16). "Press Release: ACD/Labs Announces Integration of ACD/ChemSketch with U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's Publicly Accessible Chemistry Dashboard". Toronto, ON....
-  Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc. (ACD/Labs). (8/18/16). "Press Release: Structure Elucidation Software Review in Magnetic Resonance in Chemistry. A New Tutorial for Structure Elucidation Education". Toronto, ON....
-  Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc. (ACD/Labs). (6/6/16). "Press Release: ACD/Labs Launches MetaSense Platform for Comprehensive and Rapid Metabolite Identification at the 64th American Society for Mass Spectrometry (ASMS) Conference". San Antonio, TX....
-  Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc. (ACD/Labs). (12/14/15). "Press Release: ACD/Labs Introduces Andrew Anderson as Vice President of Business Development". Toronto, ON....
-  Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc. (ACD/Labs). (10/9/15). "Press Release: Indian Business Groups Honor ACD/Labs’ KK Bhagchandani". Bangalore....
-  Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc. (ACD/Labs). (7/22/15). "Press Release: The Institute of Cancer Research Deploys ACD/Spectrus Processor to Manage and Streamline Processing of Analytical Data". Toronto, ON....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]