Document › Details
Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc. (ACD/Labs). (3/9/15). "Press Release: ACD/Labs Announces Solution for Open-access Workflows at Pittcon". New Orleans, LA.
|Region||New Orleans, LA|
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Advanced Chemistry Development Inc. (ACD/Labs)|
|Organisation 2||F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG (CH)|
|Product 2||Pittcon 2015 New Orleans|
|Index term||Bayer–ACD/Labs: cheminformatics tools, 201503 supply existent customer Bayer CropScience|
|Index term 2||AstraZeneca–ACD/Labs: cheminformatics tools, 201503 supply existent customer AstraZeneca|
|Person||Hardy, David (ACD/Labs 201404 MS Product Manager before Waters UK + Shimadzu UK)|
|Person 2||Wheeler, Patrick (ACD/Labs 201408 NMR Product Manager)|
Web-based interface and new Spectrus Portal technology provides vendor neutral, multi-technique results from analytical experiments to laboratory chemists
Answering the growing end-user and IT demand for interface simplicity and seamless deployment, informatics provider ACD/Labs announced a new web-enabled ACD/Spectrus Portal to extend its ACD/Spectrus analytical and chemical laboratory intelligence platform. ACD/Spectrus Portal will be launched through a series of domain-specific market applications. The first application, ACD/Labs' Open Access solution, is targeted towards delivering streamlined results to Open Access or Walk-Up laboratory environments.
The ACD/Labs Open Access solution will combine the web-enabled ACD/Spectrus Portal with its well-established automation technology and workflow components. Sophisticated data processing and analysis algorithms will deliver interpreted NMR and LC/MS results from a variety of different instrument vendors in the industry's first web-based NMR and LC/UV/MS review panel. Chemists rely on this information to determine the identity and purity of their samples and to make quick decisions about the fate of their reactions.
"ACD/Labs has long delivered spectroscopy processing and prediction tools to chemists—in companies such as Hoffmann-LaRoche, Bayer Crop Science, GSK, and AstraZeneca—to inspect reactions and reagents, and create reports," says David Hardy, MS Product Manager, ACD/Labs. "The main driver has been the use of one software application to support different instrument formats, originally in NMR. With increased usage, we met many demands for better interpretation tools, specifically around LC/UV/MS data. We have always focused on leveraging our chemically intelligent algorithms to deliver answers instead of just data. Providing these answers via a browser-based interface, with the ACD/Spectrus Portal, was the logical next place to go."
"A key mandate at ACD/Labs is to help analytical laboratories become more agile in their instrument selection and retention processes," adds Patrick Wheeler, NMR Product Manager, ACD/Labs. "We've helped laboratories achieve this with a vendor-neutral analytical chemistry informatics platform that allows them to work with a variety of analytical instrument data. Open Access environments are commonly running sets of different instruments, commercial, and in-house built software applications. This leads to increased costs for data management, software application support, and training. Our software frees scientific organizations to choose the instrumentation that best works for their needs and brings all the data into one interface that's easy-to-use and deploy."
ACD/Labs will be exhibiting during PITTCON 2015 , (ACD/Labs Company booth #2948 ), in New Orleans, LA, March 9-12, 2015.
Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc. (ACD/Labs) is a cheminformatics company that develops and commercializes solutions in support of R&D. Our software is used in many industries including pharma/biotech, chemicals, consumer goods, agrochemicals, petrochemicals, food and beverage, academia, and government organizations. We provide integration with existing informatics systems and enterprise-level automation; with sales and support offices worldwide.
Contact: Media Coordinator
P: (416) 368-3435 x 311
F: (416) 368-5596
Record changed: 2016-06-07
More documents for Advanced Chemistry Development Inc. (ACD/Labs)
-  Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc. (ACD/Labs). (6/6/16). "Press Release: ACD/Labs Launches MetaSense Platform for Comprehensive and Rapid Metabolite Identification at the 64th American Society for Mass Spectrometry (ASMS) Conference". San Antonio, TX....
-  Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc. (ACD/Labs). (12/14/15). "Press Release: ACD/Labs Introduces Andrew Anderson as Vice President of Business Development". Toronto, ON....
-  Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc. (ACD/Labs). (10/9/15). "Press Release: Indian Business Groups Honor ACD/Labs’ KK Bhagchandani". Bangalore....
-  Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc. (ACD/Labs). (7/22/15). "Press Release: The Institute of Cancer Research Deploys ACD/Spectrus Processor to Manage and Streamline Processing of Analytical Data". Toronto, ON....
-  Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc. (ACD/Labs). (7/8/15). "Press Release: ACD/Labs and IDBS Partnership Delivers Live Analytical Data to ELN Interface". Toronto, ON & London....
-  Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc. (ACD/Labs). (6/3/15). "Press Release: ACD/Labs Introduces Free Structure Elucidation Tutorial Software. A New Resource for Structure Elucidation Education". Toronto, ON....
-  Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc. (ACD/Labs). (5/19/15). "Press Release: Increased Multi-technique Analytical Efficiency in an Academic Environment. Streamlining Analytical Data Interpretations at the University of Angers". Angers....
-  Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc. (ACD/Labs). (3/18/15). "Press Release: Better Academic Chemistry Knowledge Sharing. Building an Analytical Knowledge Management System at the Faculty of Pharmacy of the University of Strasbourg". Strasbourg....
-  From »The Analytical Scientist« (Issue 22, November 2014). (11/14). "In My View: Sharing Data – and Knowledge. How to Use a Knowledge Repository that Doesn’t Retire or Leave You for a Competitor (by Steve Thomas)"....
-  Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc. (ACD/Labs). (9/24/14). "Press Release: ACD/Labs Celebrates 20 Year Anniversary – From Modest Beginnings to a Global Cheminformatics Operation". Toronto, ON....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]