Document › Details
Bruker BioSciences Corporation. (2/25/08). "Press Release: Bruker BioSciences Non-affiliated Shareholders Overwhelmingly Approve Acquistion of Bruker BioSpin Group". Billerica, MA.
|Organisation||Bruker BioSciences Corporation|
|Today||Bruker Corporation (Nasdaq: BRKR)|
|Group||Bruker Corporation (Group)|
|Person||Laukien, Frank H. (Bruker 201204 President + CEO)|
After the Company's Special Stockholders Meeting held this morning in Boston, Bruker BioSciences Corporation (NASDAQ: BRKR) announces that its stockholders have approved the acquisition of the companies comprising the Bruker BioSpin Group.
At today's Special Meeting all proposals were approved with overwhelming majorities by the Bruker BioSciences stockholders. In particular, the three proposals for the acquisition of the Bruker BioSpin Group companies were each approved by a majority of greater than 99% of the BRKR shareholders not affiliated with the controlling shareholders of BRKR and who voted at the meeting.
In addition to approving the acquisition of the Bruker BioSpin Group, stockholders approved amendments to the Company's certificate of incorporation to, among other things, change the name of the Company to 'Bruker Corporation'. Moreover, Dr. Tony W. Keller and Dirk D. Laukien, Ph.D. were elected to serve as directors of Bruker Corporation.
Frank Laukien, President and CEO of Bruker BioSciences, stated: "We are very pleased to receive this clear vote and mandate from our non-affiliated shareholders to move forward with the acquisition of the Bruker BioSpin Group, which is now expected to close in February. The Bruker BioSpin Group is very complementary to Bruker BioSciences and the transaction should allow us to expand our combined market reach, leverage the Bruker brand, and enhance our ability to grow our profitability and cash flows."
CAUTIONARY STATEMENT OF BRUKER BIOSCIENCES
Any statements contained in this press release that do not describe historical facts may constitute forward-looking statements as that term is defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Any forward-looking statements contained herein are based on current expectations, but are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties. The factors that could cause actual future results to differ materially from current expectations include, but are not limited to, risks and uncertainties relating to the integration of businesses we have acquired or may acquire in the future, changing technologies, product development and market acceptance of our products, the cost and pricing of our products, manufacturing, competition, dependence on collaborative partners and key suppliers, capital spending and government funding policies, changes in governmental regulations, intellectual property rights, litigation, and exposure to foreign currency fluctuations. These and other factors are identified and described in more detail in our filings with the SEC, including, without limitation, our annual report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2006, our most recent quarterly reports on Form 10-Q and our current reports on Form 8-K. We disclaim any intent or obligation to update these forward-looking statements other than as required by law.
Bruker BioSciences Corporation
978-663-3660, ext. 1411
Investor Relations Officer
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of CMO InVivo Biotech to Expand Molecular Biology, Microbiology and Pathology Consumables and Assay Business". Berlin....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of SCiLS GmbH to Advance MALDI Imaging Software Solutions for Life Science, Pharma and Pathology Research Applications". Bremen....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Bruker Corporation to Present at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Billerica....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bruker Delivering 300 Hand-held Chemical Detectors to German BBK". Leipzig....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/16/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of Active Spectrum Micro-ESR Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/2/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Corporate Partnership with International Phenome Centre Network (IPCN) for NMR Technologies and SOPs". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Bruker AXS Introduces a New Member to the D8 ADVANCE Family — the D8 ADVANCE Plus". Boston, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/22/16). "Press Release: Bruker Completes Acquisition of Preclinical PET Imaging Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Bruker and Oxford Instruments Announce Acquisition of Oxford Instruments Superconducting Wire Business by Bruker's BEST Segment". Billerica, MA & Tubney Woods....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Cetim Facility Receives Bruker Contour CMM Dimensional Analysis System". San José, CA & Senlis....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]