Document › Details
Biotage AB. (1/12/12). "Press Release: Biotage Is Subject to Extended Patent Litigation in the US".
|Region||United States (USA)|
|Product 2||laboratory equipment and instruments|
|Person||Jørgensen, Torben (Biotage 200604– CEO before Affibody CEO before Karo Bio before Dako)|
Biotage AB has together with its subsidiaries Biotage GB Ltd and Biotage LLC (collectively "Biotage") been sued for patent infringement of the US patents no 8,066,875 B2 and 8,070,957 in the U.S. District court for the Southern District of California. The lawsuit has been filed by Scientific Plastic Products, Inc.
These lawsuits relate to the same patent family (US patents 7,138,061, 7,381,327 and 7,410,571) that Biotage was sued for patent infringement in 2009. As previously announced, the 2009 law suit is currently subject to stayed litigation proceedings in the court while awaiting resolution from reexamination proceedings in the US Patent and Trademark Office. The US patent no 8,066,875 B2 is a continuation of the US patent no 7,381,327. This law suit, as the previous one, concerns primarily Biotage's sale of the product line SNAP in the US. The US patent no 8,070,957 is a continuation of the US patent 7,410,571 and it is a method patent that relates to the use of FLASH chromatography products.
"Disputes concerning intellectual property rights are unfortunately becoming more and more common. It is yet too early for us to give a firm opinion on the status of this matter. Our preliminary analysis does indicate that we have a strong position and that the plaintiff does not have good cause for the alleged patent infringement. I do note that we so far have had a 100 percent success in the reexamination where we have requested USPTO to declare all claims of the US patents 7,138,061, 7,381,327 och 7,410,571 invalid.", says Torben Jørgensen, CEO, Biotage AB.
Torben Jörgensen, President and CEO
Tel: +46 707 49 05 84, firstname.lastname@example.org
The information in this press release is of the kind that Biotage AB (publ) may be required to make public according to the Securities Market Act and/or Financial Instruments Trading Act. The information was released for publication at 8.00 am on January 12, 2012.
Biotage offers solutions, knowledge and experience in the areas of analytical chemistry and medicinal chemistry. The customers include the world's largest pharmaceutical and biotech companies, and leading academic institutes. The company is headquartered in Uppsala and has subsidiaries in the US, UK and Japan. Biotage has 272 employees and had sales of 428.9 MSEK in 2010. Biotage is listed on the NASDAQ OMX Nordic Stockholm stock exchange. Website: www.biotage.com
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Biotage (Group)
-  Biotage AB. (9/17/15). "Press Release: Improved Sensitivity with the New Protein and Phospholipid Removal Columns from Biotage". Uppsala....
-  Biotage AB. (2/12/15). "Press Release: Year-end Report for 2014"....
-  Biotage AB. (10/1/14). "Press Release: New SLE and SPE Automation System from Biotage – Flexible, Simple and Reliable". Uppsala....
-  Biotage AB. (6/27/14). "Press Release: Biotage Launches ACI – Accelerated Chromatographic Isolation". Uppsala....
-  Microsaic Systems plc. (4/30/14). "Press Release: Preliminary Results for the Year Ended 31 December 2013"....
-  Biotage AB. (1/23/14). "Press Release: New Product. Improved Sensitivity with the New Protein and Phospholipid Removal Plate from Biotage". Uppsala....
-  Biotage AB. (11/11/13). "Press Release: Biotage Isolera Dalton Chromatography System Installed at Labstract"....
-  Microsaic Systems plc. (9/27/13). "Press Release: Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30 June 2013"....
-  Microsaic Systems plc. (4/15/13). "Press Release: Preliminary Results for the Year Ended 31 December 2012"....
-  Biotage AB. (4/3/13). "Press Release: Isolute Myco SPE Columns, a Dedicated Product for the Efficient Extraction of Mycotoxins from Food Matrices". Uppsala....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]