Document › Details
Waters Corporation. (10/5/11). "Press Release: Waters Empowers Advantar Laboratories for Sustained Growth". Milford, MA.
|Region||San Diego, CA|
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT)|
|Organisation 2||Advantar Laboratories Inc.|
|Product||Empower™ 3 Chromatography Data System (CDS)|
|Product 2||analytical services|
|Person||Khanna, Rohit (Waters 201601– SVP Applied Technology before VP Worldwide Marketing)|
With Chromatography Software from Waters, Laboratory Boosts Capacity and Efficiency, Introduces HPLC to UPLC Method Conversion Services
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT) announced today that its customer Advantar Laboratories, Inc. (San Diego, CA) has successfully completed its rollout of Waters® Empower(TM) 3 Chromatography Software. The 21CFR Part 11 compliant-ready software will play a key role at Advantar and with its new Method Remediation Services group to meet increased demand by pharmaceutical and contract manufacturing customers for converting legacy HPLC methods to Ultra Performance LC® (UPLC®) methods, which offer greater speed, resolution and sensitivity.
Advantar selected Empower 3 software to control its expanding portfolio of gas chromatography (GC), high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) and UPLC systems with advanced detectors including Waters single and tandem quadrupole mass spectrometry (MS/MS), photodiode array and ultraviolet detectors. Waters Empower 3 chromatography software bridges the various technologies at Advantar and enables the company to scale its analytical lab resources efficiently.
"Our decision to go with Waters was driven by several key factors including requests from customers. By adding UPLC technology to our lab and creating the Method Remediation Services group, we can support clients who need to develop a UPLC method or rapidly convert multiple methods from HPLC to UPLC simultaneously for large and small molecules alike," said Advantar Vice President of Sales & Marketing, Brandon Griffin.
"We strongly believe UPLC is the future of chromatography because it greatly reduces run times and solvent waste while significantly improving peak resolution, sensitivity and speed. These benefits translate into tremendous environmental, time and material cost savings for laboratories," said Rohit Khanna, Ph.D., Vice President of Worldwide Marketing, Waters Division. "For our global base of clients, our UPLC technology continues to support their product development and manufacturing efforts."
Advantar is now well-equipped to support pharmaceutical companies and contract manufacturers of proprietary and/or off-patent drug products, by leveraging UPLC technology to enhance quality systems for time-critical release testing as well as method development/method transfer needs.
About Advantar Labs
Advantar Laboratories, Inc. is a GLP and cGMP-compliant contract testing laboratory and small-scale clinical packaging company specializing in Routine QC & Monograph Testing, Methods Development/Validation, Pre-formulation/Formulation, QA/Regulatory Consulting and ICH Stability Studies for small and large molecule programs. Advantar's expertise is in analytical development and formulation support for companies developing generics, proprietary drugs and/or medical devices ranging in phase from Pre-clinical through to Clinical. For additional information, visit http://www.advantarlabs.com/.
About Waters Corporation (www.waters.com)
For over 50 years, Waters Corporation has created business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations by delivering practical and sustainable innovation to enable significant advancements in such areas as healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality worldwide.
Pioneering a connected portfolio of separations science, laboratory information management, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis, Waters technology breakthroughs and laboratory solutions provide an enduring platform for customer success.
With revenue of $1.64 billion in 2010 and 5,400 employees, Waters is driving scientific discovery and operational excellence for customers worldwide.
Waters, ACQUITY, ACQUITY UPLC, UltraPerformance LC, Empower and UPLC are trademarks of Waters Corporation.
Record changed: 2016-04-02
More documents for Waters (Group)
-  Waters Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Waters CE-Marks In Vitro Diagnostic MassTrak Vitamin D Solution". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/29/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the Goldman Sachs Healthcare CEOs Unscripted Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/19/16). "Press Release: Waters New Preparative SFC Columns Designed to Aid Purification Scale-Up Methods". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Announces Sherry Buck as Chief Financial Officer". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/30/16). "Press Release: International Phenome Centre Network Launches with Waters as a Founding Partner". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Waters Expands Cortecs Analytical Column Portfolio". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Vicam Now Offers a Single Extraction Test for Aflatoxins and Fumonisins in Corn and Grain". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Waters and Sotax Group Sign Co-Marketing and Re-Seller Agreement". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (10/25/16). "Press Release: Waters Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results". Milford, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]