Document › Details
Advion, Inc.. (3/23/15). "Press Release: Advion Introduces an Automated TLC-Compact Mass Spectrometry System". Ithaca, NY.
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Product||Plate Express™/expression® compact mass spectrometer system (TLC/CMS system)|
|Product 2||Thin-Layer Chromatography (TLC/HPTLC) (Planar Chromatography)|
|Person||Prosser, Simon (Advion 201108 Senior Marketing Director expression CMS)|
Advion, Inc., a leading systems and consumables developer for the life sciences industry, introduces the Plate ExpressTM, a patent-pending automated software-controlled system to directly analyze thin-layer chromatography (TLC) plates and a full range of other planar surfaces by mass spectrometry. Plate Express provides a simple, automated, software-clicked means of visually pinpointing and extracting compounds from a range of TLC plate formats into Advion’s expression® compact mass spectrometer (CMS). The combined technique is known as TLC/CMS. Synthetic organic, natural product and peptide chemists can quickly and confidently identify analytes in complex mixtures without additional sample preparation utilizing TLC/CMS
Plate Express is controlled by Advion’s Mass Express software, vastly simplifying the process and increasing the robustness of TLC spot and planar surface analysis. A patent-pending pressure-sensing feature allows for uncommon force management to be controlled, superbly sealing around the point of interest, while extending the life of the probe, further reducing the cost of consumables. For routine and expert users alike, the software allows for methods to be developed for their plates and surfaces of choice.
“Advion developed the patent-pending Plate Express with input from chemists involved in several research areas as well as extensive review of peer-reviewed publications,” comments Simon J. Prosser, Vice President of Marketing. “We identified a strong market desire for an integrated simple to use, software-enabled technique, not requiring expertise in mass spectrometry, as well as robust enough to handle more challenging mixtures, plate types and other planar surfaces. Initial feedback has been tremendous.”
The system works by placing a developed TLC plate into the device, aligning the spot of interest and clicking the Mass Express start button, then real-time data is displayed on the computer screen. Plate Express can also be used to extract samples from other surfaces, such as papers and biological tissue samples, with an array of extraction heads available, and each optimized for different applications. With many features designed specifically to extend probe life and auto-clean, the combined TLC/CMS system is ideally suited for chemistry laboratories and QA/QC.
The Plate Express/expression CMS system is on display at the ACS National Spring Meeting 2015 at the Denver Convention Center booth #1033, ANAKON in Gras, Austria at stand B1, and at the 32nd SCI Process Development Symposium in Cambridge, UK. In addition, a presentation about all capabilities of the expression CMS including the new Plate Express will be given during Advion’s exhibitor workshop on Tuesday, March 24th at 9:30 AM in the Denver Convention Center, Room 301. All ACS attendees and Denver locals are welcome to attend.
Record changed: 2016-06-07
More documents for Bohui (Group)
-  Advion, Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Advion Expands Australian Reach with Accurate Mass Scientific". Ithaca, NY....
-  Advion, Inc.. (9/27/16). "Press Release: Advion Sells 500th Compact Mass Spec. Extends Market Leadership". Ithaca, NY....
-  Advion, Inc.. (3/15/16). "Press Release: Advion Launches Novel Metal Catalyst Reaction Monitoring Probe. Collaborates with Albert-Ludwigs-University of Freiburg and Files Related Patents". Ithaca, NY....
-  Advion, Inc.. (3/9/16). "Press Release: Advion Launches Cost-effective, Bench-top Solid Phase Peptide Synthesis and Protein Characterization Mass Spectrometer". Ithaca, NY....
-  Advion, Inc.. (10/30/15). "Press Release: Advion Receives BCEIA New Product Innovation Award for nano LC Ion Source". Beijing....
-  Advion, Inc.. (10/23/15). "Press Release: Advion Expands Chemistry Mass Spec Market Position". Ithaca, NY....
-  Advion, Inc.. (8/17/15). "Press Release: Simplified Compact Mass Spectrometer Software Platform for Chemists". Ithaca, NY....
-  Advion, Inc.. (6/5/15). "Press Release: Beijing Bohui Innovation Technology Co., Ltd. (Bohui) Agrees to Acquire Advion, Inc.". Ithaca, NY....
-  Advion, Inc.. (6/1/15). "Press Release: Advion Expands Its Mass Spectrometry Offering to Include Undergraduate Chemistry/Biochemistry Curriculum Content". Ithaca, NY....
-  Advion, Inc.. (12/1/14). "Press Release: LESA Technology to be Studied in Real-time Surgical Guidance". Ithaca, NY....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]