Document › Details
Advion BioSystems, Inc.. (3/1/10). "Press Release: Advion BioSystems Announces the Launch of a Novel Liquid Extraction Surface Analysis System". Ithaca, NY.
|Organisation||Advion BioSystems Inc.|
|Organisation 2||AB Sciex LLC|
|Product||LESA sample analysis system (Liquid Extraction Surface Analysis) (Advion)|
|Product 2||mass spectrometer|
|Person||Patteson, David B. (Dave) (Advion 200604– CEO before 1998–2006 Biotage before Foxboro Company)|
|Person 2||Henion, Jack (Advion 200603– CSO before CEO + 1993 co-founder of Advion)|
Advion BioSystems, Inc. (Advion) announces the launch of its Liquid Extraction Surface Analysis (LESA) sample analysis system. LESA, based on Advion's chip-based nanoelectrospray platform, the TriVersa NanoMate®, will be used to provide direct Mass Spectrometric analysis of a variety of sample formats including tissue and organ samples, Thin Layer Chromatography (TLC) plates, MALDI plates, and Dried Blood Spots (DBS).
The direct analysis of surfaces by mass spectrometry is a growing and powerful technique. The novel approach and design of the Advion LESA system enables, for the first time, the ability to couple direct analysis of surfaces with the power and breadth of chip-based nanoelectrospray. This simple-to-use combination allows for soft ionization, thereby preserving fragile molecules such as phase 2 metabolites and allowing unrivalled detection of drugs and their metabolites in tissue and organ samples. Researchers developing new forensic tools, novel drugs, better biofuels and technologies to strengthen homeland security now have a powerful new tool to use to analyze a variety of surfaces.
The new system was developed by Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL), a multiprogram science and technology laboratory managed for the U.S. Department of Energy by UT-Battelle, which exclusively licensed the technology to AB SCIEX, a global leader in life science analytical technologies. In parallel, Advion signed an exclusive sublicense agreement with DH Technologies Development Pte. Ltd., an AB SCIEX affiliate, to commercialize certain discoveries and pending patents that leverage the Advion TriVersa NanoMate product lines used in the ORNL research in conjunction with AB SCIEX mass spectrometers.
"The launch of this innovative sample analysis system is extremely strategic for our company," said David B. Patteson, CEO of Advion. "This is the result of our working closely with ORNL and AB SCIEX dating back nearly seven years to early discussions between Jack Henion - our Chairman and CSO - and our partners. We expect significant impact from our customers applying this technique to a myriad of sample types and conditions, which to date have been difficult to assay."
About Advion BioSystems, Inc.
Advion is the scientific leader in microfluidic systems. The company's scientific knowledge base creates unique nanotechnologies delivering speed, flexibility, and exceptional data quality. Advion is the microfluidics supplier of choice for customers demanding scientific excellence, more information from complex samples, and greater throughput. More about the company can be found at www.advion.com.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Bohui (Group)
-  Advion, Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Advion Expands Australian Reach with Accurate Mass Scientific". Ithaca, NY....
-  Advion, Inc.. (9/27/16). "Press Release: Advion Sells 500th Compact Mass Spec. Extends Market Leadership". Ithaca, NY....
-  Advion, Inc.. (3/15/16). "Press Release: Advion Launches Novel Metal Catalyst Reaction Monitoring Probe. Collaborates with Albert-Ludwigs-University of Freiburg and Files Related Patents". Ithaca, NY....
-  Advion, Inc.. (3/9/16). "Press Release: Advion Launches Cost-effective, Bench-top Solid Phase Peptide Synthesis and Protein Characterization Mass Spectrometer". Ithaca, NY....
-  Advion, Inc.. (10/30/15). "Press Release: Advion Receives BCEIA New Product Innovation Award for nano LC Ion Source". Beijing....
-  Advion, Inc.. (10/23/15). "Press Release: Advion Expands Chemistry Mass Spec Market Position". Ithaca, NY....
-  Advion, Inc.. (8/17/15). "Press Release: Simplified Compact Mass Spectrometer Software Platform for Chemists". Ithaca, NY....
-  Advion, Inc.. (6/5/15). "Press Release: Beijing Bohui Innovation Technology Co., Ltd. (Bohui) Agrees to Acquire Advion, Inc.". Ithaca, NY....
-  Advion, Inc.. (6/1/15). "Press Release: Advion Expands Its Mass Spectrometry Offering to Include Undergraduate Chemistry/Biochemistry Curriculum Content". Ithaca, NY....
-  Advion, Inc.. (3/23/15). "Press Release: Advion Introduces an Automated TLC-Compact Mass Spectrometry System". Ithaca, NY....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]