Document › Details
Advion, Inc.. (3/15/16). "Press Release: Advion Launches Novel Metal Catalyst Reaction Monitoring Probe. Collaborates with Albert-Ludwigs-University of Freiburg and Files Related Patents". Ithaca, NY.
|Organisation 2||University of Freiburg (Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg)|
|Product||iASAP (inert Atmospheric Solids Analysis Probe (ASAP®)|
|Product 2||expression Compact Mass Spectrometer (CMS)|
|Person||McEwen, Charles (M&M Mass Spec Consulting 201010 Principle)|
|Person 2||Prosser, Simon (Advion 201108 Senior Marketing Director expression CMS)|
Advion, Inc., a leading systems and consumables developer for the life sciences industry, announced during this week’s 251st American Chemical Society National Meeting & Exposition in San Diego, California the introduction of a breakthrough sample introduction technique for its line of expression compact mass spectrometers (CMS). The new iASAP (inert Atmospheric Solids Analysis Probe (ASAP®)) was originally developed at the University of Pennsylvania by Charles McEwen, Ph.D, and enhanced by the Freiburg researchers.
ASAP gives chemists and chemistry students the ability to ionize liquid and solid samples for analysis by mass spectrometer without the need for sample preparation. The technique allows a synthetic chemist to perform real-time reaction monitoring by simply dipping the ASAP probe into their reaction mixture and inserting the probe into the atmospheric pressure chemical ionization (APCI) source of the CMS. Mass spectral data is presented within seconds.
For air-sensitive compounds, such as metal catalysts, iASAP is a viable technique to prevent oxidization and facilitate their assay. Advion credits Professor Ingo Krossing’s group at the Albert-Ludwigs-University of Freiburg (Freiburg) with modifying the ASAP probe to protect the compounds in inert gas as they are transferred to the CMS, enabling such measurements without the traditonal need for glove boxes. Advion and Freiburg negotiated a transfer of the patent estate to Advion to allow global commercialization.
“The best product enhancements come from our users,” says Simon Prosser, Vice President of Marketing. “A large percentage of all synthetic chemistry involves air-sensitive compounds and needs to be carried out in glove boxes or Schlenk lines and Advion is pleased to have collaborated with Prof. Krossing’s group to bring this enhancement to others.”
The iASAP is available for quoting and will begin shipping in May 2016.
Record changed: 2016-03-26
More documents for Bohui (Group)
-  Advion, Inc.. (3/6/17). "Press Release: Volatile APCI Brings New Application Potential for Compact Mass Spectrometry". Ithaca, NY....
-  Advion, Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Advion Expands Australian Reach with Accurate Mass Scientific". Ithaca, NY....
-  Advion, Inc.. (9/27/16). "Press Release: Advion Sells 500th Compact Mass Spec. Extends Market Leadership". Ithaca, NY....
-  Advion, Inc.. (3/9/16). "Press Release: Advion Launches Cost-effective, Bench-top Solid Phase Peptide Synthesis and Protein Characterization Mass Spectrometer". Ithaca, NY....
-  Advion, Inc.. (10/30/15). "Press Release: Advion Receives BCEIA New Product Innovation Award for nano LC Ion Source". Beijing....
-  Advion, Inc.. (10/23/15). "Press Release: Advion Expands Chemistry Mass Spec Market Position". Ithaca, NY....
-  Advion, Inc.. (8/17/15). "Press Release: Simplified Compact Mass Spectrometer Software Platform for Chemists". Ithaca, NY....
-  Advion, Inc.. (6/5/15). "Press Release: Beijing Bohui Innovation Technology Co., Ltd. (Bohui) Agrees to Acquire Advion, Inc.". Ithaca, NY....
-  Advion, Inc.. (6/1/15). "Press Release: Advion Expands Its Mass Spectrometry Offering to Include Undergraduate Chemistry/Biochemistry Curriculum Content". Ithaca, NY....
-  Advion, Inc.. (3/23/15). "Press Release: Advion Introduces an Automated TLC-Compact Mass Spectrometry System". Ithaca, NY....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]