Document › Details
Advion, Inc.. (3/6/17). "Press Release: Volatile APCI Brings New Application Potential for Compact Mass Spectrometry". Ithaca, NY.
Advion, Inc., a leading systems and consumables developer for the life sciences industry, announced today the launch of the novel volatile atmospheric chemical ionization source (vAPCI) for gas phase sample analysis with no additional sample preparation. The vAPCI ion source is the latest workflow integration and sample introduction technique for the expression CMS, the company’s standout compact mass spectrometer, bringing versatile mass analysis directly to the chemists’ environment.
“The vAPCI inlet opens up a world of possibilities for fast, compact gas phase analysis,” said David B. Patteson, Advion’s CEO. “Demand for breath testing, detection of food adulterants, clinical applications, and fragrance or aroma compound determination is growing. The vAPCI has been sold and deployed in these markets and is favored for its efficiency, portability, versatility, ease-of-use and compact size. The new vAPCI gas analysis system shows great potential in applications such as testing breath for disease biomarkers and the food industry’s quest regarding origin, authenticity, stability and adulterants. This simple prep-free, real time analysis technique is ideal for these rapidly growing health and safety applications.”
In addition to vAPCI, Advion’s expression CMS has a number of interchangeable ion sources which enable detection and reaction monitoring. Notably, the Plate Express allows automated analysis of TLC plates in less than 30 seconds. Another recent addition to the lineup, the atmospheric solids analysis probe (ASAP), provides fast liquid and solid analysis with one easy dip or swipe. The recently launched iASAP (inert ASAP) facilitates the assay of previously impossible oxidizing inorganic metal catalysts and complexes in Schlenk lines or glove boxes. These augment the company’s traditional ESI and APCI inlet sources.
vAPCI is available now. To learn more about the variety of novel ion sources, workflow integrations and sampling options offered for the expression CMS, visit www.advion.com.
About Advion, Inc.
Advion develops, manufactures and globally supports mass spectrometers, chip-based ion sources, microfluidic flow chemistry systems and consumables for life science and related industries. We seek to enhance analysis performance and workflows. Using our deep scientific and engineering knowledge of mass spectrometry and microfludics, we leverage our passionate employees’ commitment to create quality, flexible and fit-for-purpose solutions. More about Advion, Inc. can be found on our website, www.advion.com.
For Advion, Inc.
Director of Marketing
Record changed: 2017-03-08
More documents for Bohui (Group)
-  Advion, Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Advion Expands Australian Reach with Accurate Mass Scientific". Ithaca, NY....
-  Advion, Inc.. (9/27/16). "Press Release: Advion Sells 500th Compact Mass Spec. Extends Market Leadership". Ithaca, NY....
-  Advion, Inc.. (3/15/16). "Press Release: Advion Launches Novel Metal Catalyst Reaction Monitoring Probe. Collaborates with Albert-Ludwigs-University of Freiburg and Files Related Patents". Ithaca, NY....
-  Advion, Inc.. (3/9/16). "Press Release: Advion Launches Cost-effective, Bench-top Solid Phase Peptide Synthesis and Protein Characterization Mass Spectrometer". Ithaca, NY....
-  Advion, Inc.. (10/30/15). "Press Release: Advion Receives BCEIA New Product Innovation Award for nano LC Ion Source". Beijing....
-  Advion, Inc.. (10/23/15). "Press Release: Advion Expands Chemistry Mass Spec Market Position". Ithaca, NY....
-  Advion, Inc.. (8/17/15). "Press Release: Simplified Compact Mass Spectrometer Software Platform for Chemists". Ithaca, NY....
-  Advion, Inc.. (6/5/15). "Press Release: Beijing Bohui Innovation Technology Co., Ltd. (Bohui) Agrees to Acquire Advion, Inc.". Ithaca, NY....
-  Advion, Inc.. (6/1/15). "Press Release: Advion Expands Its Mass Spectrometry Offering to Include Undergraduate Chemistry/Biochemistry Curriculum Content". Ithaca, NY....
-  Advion, Inc.. (3/23/15). "Press Release: Advion Introduces an Automated TLC-Compact Mass Spectrometry System". Ithaca, NY....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]