Document › Details
Advion, Inc.. (2/26/13). "Press Release: Advion and CAMAG Form Exclusive Alliance to Commercialize Unique TLC/CMS Assay System for Synthetic Organic and Peptide Chemists". Ithaca, NY & Muttenz.
Advion, Inc., a leading life sciences Systems and Consumables developer, today announced that an exclusive OEM and distribution partnership agreement has been signed with CAMAG of Basel, Switzerland for its TLC/MS Interface product. Based upon excellent results obtained by joint Advion and CAMAG customers, as well as leading researchers, the two companies have partnered to commercialize a combined system to Advion's Synthetic Organic Chemistry and Peptide Synthesis global market segments. The terms of the agreement allow Advion exclusive marketing and support rights in key geographic markets including North America and parts of Europe.
"TLC plates are part of every chemist's discovery process, and we recognize the workflow advantage of a bundled TLC/CMS solution for chemists. TLC is used in reaction monitoring, flash method development (Rf values), solvent selection, flash fraction confirmation, and impurity profiling. The combination of the CAMAG TLC/MS Interface with the Advion expression CMS is a perfect integration of best-in-class chemist assay tools", according to David B. Patteson, Advion's CEO. "Moreover, the expression Compact Mass Spectrometer (CMS) continues its tremendous commercial growth - achieving 10% of the global single quadrupole liquid chromatography market within nine months of production launch. We could not be happier with the market adoption rate and the natural partnerships which have emerged for us, CAMAG, as the leading TLC-equipment provider worldwide, being the latest ideal example."
Pioneer in utilizing CAMAG's TLC/MS Interface and Advion's expression CMS to prove the simplicity and the benefit of both systems is Prof. Dr. Gerda Morlock, a leading scientist at the University of Giessen, Germany. She will be the featured presenter at a live Advion-sponsored webinar hosted by the Royal Chemistry Society (RSC) on March 20, 2013 - available worldwide at 3 pm Central European Time. Further, Advion plans to launch the combined system at the Pittsburgh Conference in Philadelphia, March 18-21 (press conference at 9:30am on March 18), and at the Spring National ACS meeting in New Orleans, LA April 7-9. CAMAG will be present at both meetings to support customers on all aspects of thin-layer chromatography.
According to Dr. Konstantinos Natsias, CEO of CAMAG, "Advion is the ideal partner to use CAMAG's TLC/MS Interface as an integrated analytical solution for their customers. This collaboration opens up a broader market reach for CAMAG's other high-end instruments. As an internationally renowned traditional Swiss instrument manufacturer, we are proud to collaborate with such an innovative US partner to reach new markets."
The combined systems are available immediately for quotation and delivery by Advion.
About Advion, Inc.
Advion is the partner of choice for pharmaceutical, biotechnology, academic and government researchers seeking to enhance their mass spectrometry and chemical synthesis workflows. Using our deep scientific and engineering expertise, we develop a broad portfolio of purpose-built mass spectrometers, nanoelectrospray ionization sources, and flow-chemistry synthesis systems and consumables characterized by their reliability, quality, flexibility and fit for purpose design. More about the company can be found at www.advion.com.
CAMAG is the world leader in instrumental Thin-Layer Chromatography (TLC/HPTLC), also called Planar Chromatography for more than 50 years. Wherever complex substance mixtures are analyzed (herbals, environmental analysis, forensic), TLC/HPTLC is often an excellent alternative to GC and HPLC. Additionally it has proven value as a solid quantitative analysis technique in quality assurance of food, pharmaceuticals and other industrial products. CAMAG provides competent customer support and technical service as well as education, training, application support and a range of contract laboratory services. Recently, CAMAG has launched a fully automated system for the extraction of Dried Blood Spot (DBS) cards that can be coupled directly to LC/MS systems. Moreover, CAMAG's product offering comprises Aluminum Oxide for commercial use as separation matrix.
For Advion, Inc.
Manager of Corporate Marketing Communications
Corporate Marketing Manager
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Bohui (Group)
-  Advion, Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Advion Expands Australian Reach with Accurate Mass Scientific". Ithaca, NY....
-  Advion, Inc.. (9/27/16). "Press Release: Advion Sells 500th Compact Mass Spec. Extends Market Leadership". Ithaca, NY....
-  Advion, Inc.. (3/15/16). "Press Release: Advion Launches Novel Metal Catalyst Reaction Monitoring Probe. Collaborates with Albert-Ludwigs-University of Freiburg and Files Related Patents". Ithaca, NY....
-  Advion, Inc.. (3/9/16). "Press Release: Advion Launches Cost-effective, Bench-top Solid Phase Peptide Synthesis and Protein Characterization Mass Spectrometer". Ithaca, NY....
-  Advion, Inc.. (10/30/15). "Press Release: Advion Receives BCEIA New Product Innovation Award for nano LC Ion Source". Beijing....
-  Advion, Inc.. (10/23/15). "Press Release: Advion Expands Chemistry Mass Spec Market Position". Ithaca, NY....
-  Advion, Inc.. (8/17/15). "Press Release: Simplified Compact Mass Spectrometer Software Platform for Chemists". Ithaca, NY....
-  Advion, Inc.. (6/5/15). "Press Release: Beijing Bohui Innovation Technology Co., Ltd. (Bohui) Agrees to Acquire Advion, Inc.". Ithaca, NY....
-  Advion, Inc.. (6/1/15). "Press Release: Advion Expands Its Mass Spectrometry Offering to Include Undergraduate Chemistry/Biochemistry Curriculum Content". Ithaca, NY....
-  Advion, Inc.. (3/23/15). "Press Release: Advion Introduces an Automated TLC-Compact Mass Spectrometry System". Ithaca, NY....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]