Document › Details
Advion BioSystems, Inc.. (11/9/10). "Press Release: Advion NanoTek Microfluidic Synthesis System Featured at Annual Meeting of European Association of Nuclear Medicine (EANM)". Ithaca, NY.
|Organisation||Advion BioSystems Inc.|
|Organisation 2||University Medical Center Groningen (UMCG)|
|Group||University of Groningen (Rijksuniversiteit Groningen)|
|Product||NanoTek Microfluidic Synthesis System|
Advion BioSystems, Inc. announced that its NanoTek Microfluidic Synthesis System was featured in two poster presentations at the annual meeting of the European Association of Nuclear Medicine (EANM), held last month in Vienna, Austria.
The annual EANM meeting is the premier venue in Europe that brings together researchers and professionals from all areas of nuclear medicine. This year, two NanoTek users presented their work, and highlighted the benefits of using a microfluidic synthesis system for radiolabeling. Johanna Ungersboeck from the Medical University of Vienna, presented a direct comparison between the NanoTek system and a conventional radiosynthesis module. The NanoTek delivered 79% radiochemical yield compared to only 33% with the conventional system. In the conclusion the researchers noted, "We have shown that significantly higher radiochemical yields can be achieved when applying microfluidic chemistry in the preparation of [18F]FE@SUPPY."
Bram Maas from the University Medical Center Groningen, the Netherlands presented results of a synthesis for F-18 FAZA, an exciting new tracer for in-vivo measurement of hypoxia, utilizing the NanoTek. Mr. Maas concluded, "Online optimization of the radiosynthesis using several parameters was a great advance to create rapid insight of the fluorination step and can rapidly be translated to production scale."
Positron emission tomography (PET), which uses specific biomarkers labeled with small amounts of radioactivity, is a powerful technique used in both clinical diagnostic medicine and in advanced medical research and pharmaceutical development. The core technology of the NanoTek system, microfluidic flow chemistry, has proven to be an attractive alternative to conventional vial-based chemistry for the labeling of these biomarkers. The technique offered by the NanoTek provides many advantages such as reduced reaction times and higher radiochemical yields as demonstrated by its users.
About Advion BioSystems, Inc.
Advion is the scientific leader in microfluidic systems. The company's scientific knowledge base creates unique nanotechnologies delivering speed, flexibility, and exceptional data quality. Advion is the microfluidics supplier of choice for customers demanding scientific excellence, more information from complex samples, and greater throughput. More about the company can be found at www.advion.com .
# # #
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Bohui (Group)
-  Advion, Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Advion Expands Australian Reach with Accurate Mass Scientific". Ithaca, NY....
-  Advion, Inc.. (9/27/16). "Press Release: Advion Sells 500th Compact Mass Spec. Extends Market Leadership". Ithaca, NY....
-  Advion, Inc.. (3/15/16). "Press Release: Advion Launches Novel Metal Catalyst Reaction Monitoring Probe. Collaborates with Albert-Ludwigs-University of Freiburg and Files Related Patents". Ithaca, NY....
-  Advion, Inc.. (3/9/16). "Press Release: Advion Launches Cost-effective, Bench-top Solid Phase Peptide Synthesis and Protein Characterization Mass Spectrometer". Ithaca, NY....
-  Advion, Inc.. (10/30/15). "Press Release: Advion Receives BCEIA New Product Innovation Award for nano LC Ion Source". Beijing....
-  Advion, Inc.. (10/23/15). "Press Release: Advion Expands Chemistry Mass Spec Market Position". Ithaca, NY....
-  Advion, Inc.. (8/17/15). "Press Release: Simplified Compact Mass Spectrometer Software Platform for Chemists". Ithaca, NY....
-  Advion, Inc.. (6/5/15). "Press Release: Beijing Bohui Innovation Technology Co., Ltd. (Bohui) Agrees to Acquire Advion, Inc.". Ithaca, NY....
-  Advion, Inc.. (6/1/15). "Press Release: Advion Expands Its Mass Spectrometry Offering to Include Undergraduate Chemistry/Biochemistry Curriculum Content". Ithaca, NY....
-  Advion, Inc.. (3/23/15). "Press Release: Advion Introduces an Automated TLC-Compact Mass Spectrometry System". Ithaca, NY....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]