Document › Details
Advion, Inc.. (9/27/16). "Press Release: Advion Sells 500th Compact Mass Spec. Extends Market Leadership". Ithaca, NY.
|Organisation 2||NN (NO NAME)|
|Product||expression Compact Mass Spectrometer (CMS)|
|Product 2||iASAP (inert Atmospheric Solids Analysis Probe (ASAP®)|
|Person||Patteson, David B. (Dave) (Advion 200604– CEO before 1998–2006 Biotage before Foxboro Company)|
Advion, Inc., a leading systems and consumables developer for the life sciences industry, announced that, during the quarter ending September 30, 2016, it had shipped its 500th Compact Mass Spec (CMS), with the milestone order having been received from a leading university in Taiwan, demonstrating the product’s global appeal. Demand for the product continues to accelerate, with nearly 200 units expected in 2016.
Commenting on the landmark, Advion’s CEO David B. Patteson stated, “Having launched the product line about four years ago, we are exceedingly happy with the market adoption and product adaptation. In 2012-2013, we quickly reached about 10 units per quarter. In 2014 we doubled to 20+/quarter. In 2015, we exceeded 35/quarter, and this year we rose to 40-50/quarter and continue climbing. Equally rewarding are the workflow integration expansions and customer innovations. We are routinely utilized in multiple modalities, and our easy-to-use CheMS software allows the chemist to choose, via software, which mode they desire without time-consuming setups, changeovers, plumbing or setting reconfigurations. Moreover, our customers have created novel ways to solve assay challenges; two such customer inventions made it to market in 2016:
> The iASAP probe allows chemists to capture and assay, in an inert gas, previously impossible oxidizing inorganic complexes
> The Volatile Sample System permits Breathomics and Headspace analysis
These are just two examples of creative customers using the CMS in a deployed lab to solve analytical problems, while working with our R&D team to bring solutions to the market for broad mutual benefit. We see this continuing as our footprint expands.”
Based upon publicly disclosed unit volumes from competitors, it is believed Advion enjoys between 75-85% market share in the synthetic organic, natural product and peptide discovery chemistry deployed lab market. This position is expected to remain intact, if not grow, due to the company having signed a major OEM contract in Q4 2015, which should add between 30-40 units per annum beginning in October 2016.
About Advion, Inc.
Advion develops, manufactures and globally supports mass spectrometers, chip-based ion sources, microfluidic flow chemistry systems and consumables for life science and related industries. We seek to enhance analysis performance and workflows. Using our deep scientific and engineering knowledge of mass spectrometry and microfludics, we leverage our passionate employees’ commitment to create quality, flexible and fit-for-purpose solutions. More about Advion, Inc. can be found on our website, www.advion.com.
Director of Marketing, Advion, Inc.
Record changed: 2016-10-20
More documents for Bohui (Group)
-  Advion, Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Advion Expands Australian Reach with Accurate Mass Scientific". Ithaca, NY....
-  Advion, Inc.. (3/15/16). "Press Release: Advion Launches Novel Metal Catalyst Reaction Monitoring Probe. Collaborates with Albert-Ludwigs-University of Freiburg and Files Related Patents". Ithaca, NY....
-  Advion, Inc.. (3/9/16). "Press Release: Advion Launches Cost-effective, Bench-top Solid Phase Peptide Synthesis and Protein Characterization Mass Spectrometer". Ithaca, NY....
-  Advion, Inc.. (10/30/15). "Press Release: Advion Receives BCEIA New Product Innovation Award for nano LC Ion Source". Beijing....
-  Advion, Inc.. (10/23/15). "Press Release: Advion Expands Chemistry Mass Spec Market Position". Ithaca, NY....
-  Advion, Inc.. (8/17/15). "Press Release: Simplified Compact Mass Spectrometer Software Platform for Chemists". Ithaca, NY....
-  Advion, Inc.. (6/5/15). "Press Release: Beijing Bohui Innovation Technology Co., Ltd. (Bohui) Agrees to Acquire Advion, Inc.". Ithaca, NY....
-  Advion, Inc.. (6/1/15). "Press Release: Advion Expands Its Mass Spectrometry Offering to Include Undergraduate Chemistry/Biochemistry Curriculum Content". Ithaca, NY....
-  Advion, Inc.. (3/23/15). "Press Release: Advion Introduces an Automated TLC-Compact Mass Spectrometry System". Ithaca, NY....
-  Advion, Inc.. (12/1/14). "Press Release: LESA Technology to be Studied in Real-time Surgical Guidance". Ithaca, NY....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]