Document › Details
Affymetrix, Inc.. (5/8/14). "Press Release: Affymetrix and Leica Biosystems Announce the Launch of Fully Automated RNA in situ Hybridization Assays". Santa Clara, CA.
ViewRNATM eZ Assays, fully automated on the Leica BOND RX, offer remarkable sensitivity and specificity of staining for coding and non-coding markers in an easy-to-use, fully automated format.
Affymetrix, Inc. (NASDAQ:AFFX) and Leica Biosystems announce the launch of Affymetrix' fully automated RNA in situ hybridization assays ViewRNATM eZ Assays on the Leica BOND RX staining platform. These assays detect coding RNA as well as novel non-coding markers in formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded (FFPE) tissues. Dedicated for research use only*, the assays provide researchers with a powerful automated solution for drug discovery, translational research, and the development of new diagnostic tests for personalized medicine. The automation significantly reduces hands-on time and assay run time for profiling single-cell gene expression.
The Leica BOND RX system automates the staining process, bringing all the benefits of consistency, reduced labor, and speed. This fully automated assay is hands-free from tissue de-waxing to counter staining, and offers high sensitivity, specificity, and reproducibility with easy standardization across laboratories. ViewRNA eZ Assays represent a major technological advancement offering a robust and reliable platform to easily interrogate the function and disease relevance of any expressed genes.
"In particular, the ability to target non-coding as well as coding transcripts opens up a significant new capability to discover powerful new biomarkers for molecular test development, as the importance of the non-coding regions of the transcriptome are becoming more and more evident," said Andrew Last, PhD, Chief Operating Officer at Affymetrix. "In addition, researchers can now design probes to visualize RNA transcripts coding for secreted proteins, which are important targets that traditional immunohistochemistry assays have challenge detecting."
Micah Litow, Director, Research & Innovation, Advanced Staining Instruments at Leica Biosystems added: "Leica is very excited that the BOND RX is fully automating the Affymetrix ViewRNA eZ Assays. We are proud to have put such a powerful tool into the hands of the dedicated researchers who are making important discoveries, increasing our knowledge and improving cancer diagnostics."
Affymetrix' ViewRNA eZ Assays on the Leica BOND RX platform are now available for research applications. The ViewRNA eZ staining protocol is pre-loaded onto the Leica BOND RX, and the staining kit optimized for FFPE samples and probes of choice are available from Affymetrix.
*For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
PLEASE NOTE: Affymetrix, the Affymetrix logo, and ViewRNA are trademarks of Affymetrix, Inc. All other trademarks and product names are the property of their respective owners.
About Leica Biosystems
Leica Biosystems is a global leader in workflow solutions and automation, striving to advance cancer diagnostics to improve patients' lives. Leica Biosystems provides anatomical pathology laboratories and researchers a comprehensive product range for each step in the pathology process, from sample preparation and staining to imaging and reporting. Leica's easy-to-use and consistently reliable offerings help improve workflow efficiency and diagnostic confidence. The company is represented in over 100 countries and is headquartered in Nussloch, Germany.
Affymetrix technologies enable multiplex and simultaneous analysis of biological systems at the cell, protein, and gene level, facilitating the rapid translation of bench-top research into clinical and routine use for human health and wellness.
The Company provides leadership and support, partnering with customers in pharmaceutical, diagnostic, and biotechnology companies, as well as leading academic, government, and non-profit research institutes in their quest to use biology for a better world.
More than 2,300 microarray systems have been shipped around the world and more than 65,000 peer-reviewed papers have been published citing Affymetrix technologies. Affymetrix is headquartered in Santa Clara, California, and has manufacturing facilities in Cleveland, Ohio, San Diego, Vienna, and Singapore. The Company has about 1,100 employees worldwide and maintains sales and distribution operations across Europe, Asia, and Latin America. For more information about Affymetrix, please visit www.affymetrix.com.
All statements in this press release that are not historical are "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act as amended, including statements regarding Affymetrix' "expectations," "beliefs," "hopes," "intentions," "strategies," or the like. Such statements are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially for Affymetrix from those projected. These and other risk factors are discussed in Affymetrix' Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2013, and other SEC reports for subsequent quarterly periods.
Mindy Lee-Olsen, 408-731-5523
Vice President, Marketing Services
Doug Farrell, 408-731-5285
Vice President, Investor Relations
Tim Lyons, +61 (0) 400 990 975
Global Marketing Communications Director
Record changed: 2016-03-20
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]