Document › Details
Agena Bioscience, Inc.. (3/15/17). "Press Release: Agena Bioscience Introduces New Lung and Colon Cancer Panels for Detection of Somatic Mutations from Liquid Biopsies and Solid Tumor Tissues". San Diego, CA.
|Organisation||Agena Bioscience Inc.|
|Group||Agena Bioscience (Group)|
|Product||UltraSEEK™ Lung and Colon Panels|
|Product 2||MassARRAY® system|
Agena Bioscience today introduced new targeted research panels for the detection of somatic mutations from lung and colon cancers. The UltraSEEK™ Lung and Colon Panels enable detection of mutations as low as 0.1% minor allele frequency (MAF) from circulating tumor cells (CTCs) and circulating tumor DNA (ctDNA). The iPLEX® HS Lung and Colon Panels enable detection of mutations as low as 1% MAF from solid tumor tissue. The new panels are now commercially available worldwide.
Mutation profiling of non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) and metastatic colorectal cancer (mCRC) can be challenging due to the difficulties in obtaining a biopsy, which is often a small, heterogeneous sample with limited tumor content. In addition, the complex nature of the disease requires frequent, real-time monitoring to detect secondary mutations which confer acquired resistance to therapy. To help overcome these challenges and advance clinical science, Agena Bioscience has developed new lung and colon cancer panels, for use on the MassARRAY® System, which detect mutations as low as 0.1% MAF from minimal input DNA.
With a low limit of detection, the panels enable mutation profiling of circulating tumor DNA (ctDNA) and circulating tumor cells (CTC) from plasma, in addition to solid tumor tissue. The highly multiplexed panels target mutations of known significance in BRAF, EGFR, ERBB2, KRAS, NRAS, and PIK3CA genes, and can work with DNA extracted from a single, 10 mL blood draw. With high detection sensitivity and broad coverage, the panels offer a complete solution, from initial stratification to monitoring disease progression.
A clinical research study using the iPLEX HS Lung Panel was conducted in collaboration with The Medical Foundation, using NSCLC solid tumor samples and a limit of detection of 1% MAF. The higher analytical sensitivity of the iPLEX HS panel, compared to other methods with a 5-10% MAF, resulted in an approximately 10% increase in the number of clinically significant mutations detected. Similar results were obtained for colorectal adenocarcinoma samples, where there was an increase of about 6% in the number of mutations detected.
“Increasing the assay sensitivity with iPLEX HS allowed us to identify additional low frequency mutations in small tissue samples such as needle core biopsies and cytology cell block specimens, that would have potentially altered therapeutic decisions,” commented Bobbie Collett Sutton, MD, PhD, study author and Medical Director of Molecular Pathology at The Medical Foundation.
These lung and colon cancer panels provide robust and cost-effective mutational profiling across a range of sample types, including liquid biopsies, and are ideal for laboratories translating discoveries from clinical research to higher throughput testing. Additional studies using UltraSEEK and iPLEX HS chemistries are referenced on the company’s website.
About Agena Bioscience
Agena Bioscience develops, manufactures, and supplies genetic analysis systems and reagents, including the MassARRAY® System. The system is a highly sensitive, cost-effective, mass spectrometry-based platform for high-throughput genetic analysis, and is used globally in diverse research fields such as cancer profiling for solid tumors and liquid biopsies, inherited genetic disease testing, pharmacogenetics, agricultural genomics, and clinical research.
Record changed: 2017-03-21
More documents for Agena Bioscience (Group)
-  Agena Bioscience, Inc.. (8/29/16). "Press Release: Agena Bioscience Names Genelex as Certified Service Provider for Targeted Genetic Analysis". San Diego, CA....
-  Agena Bioscience, Inc.. (8/16/16). "Press Release: Agena Bioscience Expands ISO Accreditation for Genetic Testing". San Diego, CA....
-  Agena Bioscience, Inc.. (4/18/16). "Press Release: Agena Bioscience Launches High Sensitivity and Multiplexed Genetic Testing Product for Targeted Analysis of Solid Tumors". San Diego, CA....
-  Agena Bioscience, Inc.. (4/14/16). "Press Release: Agena Bioscience and Horizon Discovery to Launch iPLEX Reference Standards for the MassARRAY System". San Diego, CA & Cambridge....
-  Agena Bioscience, Inc.. (4/4/16). "Press Release: Agena Bioscience Launches In Vitro Diagnostic Tests for Lung and Colon Cancer in Europe. Company Achieves CE-IVD mark and Enters Routine Molecular Diagnostics Market". San Diego, CA & Hamburg....
-  Agena Bioscience, Inc.. (3/1/16). "Press Release: Agena Bioscience and CapitalBio Technology to Develop Cost-effective Genetic Testing for Commercial Agricultural Applications". San Diego, CA....
-  Agena Bioscience, Inc.. (10/27/15). "Press Release: Agena Bioscience and Diatech Pharmacogenetics Announce Plan to Launch Actionable, Targeted CE-IVD Marked Oncology Assays for Colon, Lung, and Melanoma Treatment". San Diego, CA....
-  Agena Bioscience, Inc.. (9/1/15). "Press Release: Agena Bioscience Opens Office in Shanghai, China". San Diego, CA....
-  Agena Bioscience, Inc.. (8/24/15). "Press Release: Agena Bioscience Introduces Front-End Automation for Its MassARRAY System for Genetic Analysis". San Diego, CA....
-  Agena Bioscience, Inc.. (6/11/15). "Press Release: Agena Bioscience European Distributors Expand to KAWA.SKA and BioGen-Analytica". San Diego, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]