Document › Details
Agena Bioscience, Inc.. (3/25/15). "Press Release: Agena Bioscience Launches LungFusion Panel for Rapid Identification of ALK, RET, and ROS1 Translocations in NSCLC Tumors". San Diego, CA.
|Organisation||Agena Bioscience Inc.|
|Group||Agena Bioscience (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Wayne State University|
|Product 2||MassARRAY® system|
|Person||Pearce, Marisa (Agena Bioscience 201503 Senior Director Marketing before Sequenom)|
Agena Bioscience today released the LungFUSION Panel for rapid and sensitive identification of oncogenic ALK, RET, and ROS1 gene fusions in non-small cell lung cancer tumors.
Using as little as 10 ng of cDNA template, the research use only, single-well panel identifies expressed translocations of known clinical relevance in FFPE and fresh frozen tissue samples. The MassARRAY-based assay provides a simpler, sensitive alternative to conventional screening methods such as IHC stains and FISH, both of which require high-quality samples and time consuming protocols.
A similar NSCLC panel evaluating ROS1 and RET translocations was published in February by investigators at Wayne State University School of Medicine in the Journal of Thoracic Oncology. The investigators reported their custom MassARRAY-based test — which uses a different assay design than Agena Bioscience's new panel — as capable of "detecting an event in test specimens containing 0.5% positive tumors" and having "exceptionally low sample input, high cost efficiency, flexibility, and rapid turnover."
"Rare events in NSCLC tumor samples can be difficult or laborious to determine through optical genetic analysis techniques. The LungFUSION panel is an inexpensive, single-well assay amenable to formalin-fixed tissue and fine needle aspirates which may be of varying quality, allowing NSCLC studies to expand in sample size and confidence level within existing research budgets," said Marisa Pearce, Agena Bioscience's Sr. Director, Marketing.
The new LungFUSION panel contains built-in controls to simultaneously assess RNA quality, report DNA contamination, and determine the relative amount of lung tissue present in the sample. Agena Bioscience's software automatically reports translocation status for each sample as well as a confidence score.
The MassARRAY system detects genetic variation directly by end-point PCR and label-free mass spectrometry. Due to the high confidence level mass spectrometry provides, MassARRAY data is frequently used to validate variants detected from genome sequencing in research and clinical settings. The platform's flexible nature and simple bioinformatics allows laboratories to develop targeted, actionable panels for routine or specialized assays for as little as tens of dollars per test.
For more information, visit www.agenabio.com/lungfusion-assays-agena-panel.
About Agena Bioscience
Agena Bioscience is a San Diego, CA based life sciences and clinical diagnostics company that recently acquired the Bioscience business of Sequenom, Inc. and is now offering the MassARRAY® System. The system is a highly sensitive, quantitative method for nucleic acid detection via MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry for high-throughput genotyping and mutation profiling for cancer and other disease research, companion diagnostics, pharmacogenomics, molecular blood group typing, epigenetics, clinical genetics, ag-bio genetics, and molecular sample identification for bio-banking. www.agenabio.com
Note: The MassARRAY System, MassARRAY Analyzer 4, Hemo ID Blood Group Genotyping Panel, iPLEX Gold, iSEQ, QGE, EpiTYPER, TYPER software, MelaCarta Panel, OncoCarta Panel, LungCarta Panel, LungFUSION Assays by Agena (AbA) Panel, iPLEX ADME PGx Pro Panel, Assays by Agena Bioscience Oligo Sets, UltraSEEK Oncogene Panel, OncoFOCUS Panel, SpectroCHIP Array, iPLEX Pro Sample ID Panel, Assay Design Suite Software and Assay Explorer are for Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
Record changed: 2016-06-07
More documents for Agena Bioscience (Group)
-  Agena Bioscience, Inc.. (8/29/16). "Press Release: Agena Bioscience Names Genelex as Certified Service Provider for Targeted Genetic Analysis". San Diego, CA....
-  Agena Bioscience, Inc.. (8/16/16). "Press Release: Agena Bioscience Expands ISO Accreditation for Genetic Testing". San Diego, CA....
-  Agena Bioscience, Inc.. (4/18/16). "Press Release: Agena Bioscience Launches High Sensitivity and Multiplexed Genetic Testing Product for Targeted Analysis of Solid Tumors". San Diego, CA....
-  Agena Bioscience, Inc.. (4/14/16). "Press Release: Agena Bioscience and Horizon Discovery to Launch iPLEX Reference Standards for the MassARRAY System". San Diego, CA & Cambridge....
-  Agena Bioscience, Inc.. (4/4/16). "Press Release: Agena Bioscience Launches In Vitro Diagnostic Tests for Lung and Colon Cancer in Europe. Company Achieves CE-IVD mark and Enters Routine Molecular Diagnostics Market". San Diego, CA & Hamburg....
-  Agena Bioscience, Inc.. (3/1/16). "Press Release: Agena Bioscience and CapitalBio Technology to Develop Cost-effective Genetic Testing for Commercial Agricultural Applications". San Diego, CA....
-  Agena Bioscience, Inc.. (10/27/15). "Press Release: Agena Bioscience and Diatech Pharmacogenetics Announce Plan to Launch Actionable, Targeted CE-IVD Marked Oncology Assays for Colon, Lung, and Melanoma Treatment". San Diego, CA....
-  Agena Bioscience, Inc.. (9/1/15). "Press Release: Agena Bioscience Opens Office in Shanghai, China". San Diego, CA....
-  Agena Bioscience, Inc.. (8/24/15). "Press Release: Agena Bioscience Introduces Front-End Automation for Its MassARRAY System for Genetic Analysis". San Diego, CA....
-  Agena Bioscience, Inc.. (6/11/15). "Press Release: Agena Bioscience European Distributors Expand to KAWA.SKA and BioGen-Analytica". San Diego, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]