Document › Details
Agena Bioscience, Inc.. (4/27/15). "Press Release: Agena Bioscience Names Bioyong Technology as Fifth Certified Service Provider in China". San Diego, CA.
Agena Bioscience today announced Bioyong Technology as the fifth certified service provider (CSP) for Agena Bioscience's MassARRAY platform in China.
"The Chinese genetics field is advancing at unprecedented speed. It is a hotbed for practical, meaningful innovations that are improving human health both in China and for the rest of the world. We are proud to support the medical and scientific genetics community in China," said Peter Dansky, Agena Bioscience's CEO.
"Chinese researchers are attracted to the MassARRAY system's high sensitivity, multiplexing, and easy assay development at a reasonable cost, particularly in comparison to other methods for genetic analysis. MassARRAY data helps answer difficult questions with immediate applications very quickly," said Ma Qingwei, founder and CEO of Bioyong.
Bioyong's partners include many of the leading Chinese institutions driving rapid advancements in medical and agricultural genetics.
"Bioyong performs exceptional science that has supported a number of top flight institutes in China, such as the PLA General Hospital and Xiangya Hospital, that are involved in the clinical diagnostics field, including novel prenatal screens and ctDNA analyses. Bioyong has also contributed to China Agricultural University's advancements in molecular breeding applications," said Dansky.
Bioyong has provided MassARRAY services since 2008. Agena Bioscience's other certified service providers in China and Taiwan are CT Bioscience, Feng Chi Biotech, Wuhan Kindstar, and Shanghai Benegene Biotechnology.
The MassARRAY system detects genetic variation directly by end-point PCR and label-free mass spectrometry. Due to the high confidence level mass spectrometry provides, MassARRAY data is frequently used to validate variants detected from genome sequencing in research and clinical settings. The platform's open-source nature and simple bioinformatics allows laboratories to develop targeted, actionable panels for routine or specialized assays for as little as tens of dollars per test.
About Agena Bioscience
Agena Bioscience is a San Diego, CA based life sciences and clinical diagnostics company that recently acquired the Bioscience business of Sequenom, Inc. and is now offering the MassARRAY® System. The system is a highly sensitive, quantitative method for nucleic acid detection via MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry for high-throughput genotyping and mutation profiling for cancer and other disease research, companion diagnostics, pharmacogenomics, molecular blood group typing, epigenetics, clinical genetics, ag-bio genetics, and molecular sample identification for bio-banking.
About Bioyong Technology
Bioyong Technology is based in Beijing, China and focuses on life science services and instrument distribution. The company has established several joint laboratories in collaboration with the Beijing Institute of Genomics, Beijing Proteome Research Center, Fudan University and the Chinese PLA General Hospital. Bioyong has developed a number of proprietary instruments, reagents, and bioinformatics.
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20150324/194277LOGO
SOURCE Agena Bioscience
Record changed: 2016-06-07
More documents for Agena Bioscience (Group)
-  Agena Bioscience, Inc.. (8/29/16). "Press Release: Agena Bioscience Names Genelex as Certified Service Provider for Targeted Genetic Analysis". San Diego, CA....
-  Agena Bioscience, Inc.. (8/16/16). "Press Release: Agena Bioscience Expands ISO Accreditation for Genetic Testing". San Diego, CA....
-  Agena Bioscience, Inc.. (4/18/16). "Press Release: Agena Bioscience Launches High Sensitivity and Multiplexed Genetic Testing Product for Targeted Analysis of Solid Tumors". San Diego, CA....
-  Agena Bioscience, Inc.. (4/14/16). "Press Release: Agena Bioscience and Horizon Discovery to Launch iPLEX Reference Standards for the MassARRAY System". San Diego, CA & Cambridge....
-  Agena Bioscience, Inc.. (4/4/16). "Press Release: Agena Bioscience Launches In Vitro Diagnostic Tests for Lung and Colon Cancer in Europe. Company Achieves CE-IVD mark and Enters Routine Molecular Diagnostics Market". San Diego, CA & Hamburg....
-  Agena Bioscience, Inc.. (3/1/16). "Press Release: Agena Bioscience and CapitalBio Technology to Develop Cost-effective Genetic Testing for Commercial Agricultural Applications". San Diego, CA....
-  Agena Bioscience, Inc.. (10/27/15). "Press Release: Agena Bioscience and Diatech Pharmacogenetics Announce Plan to Launch Actionable, Targeted CE-IVD Marked Oncology Assays for Colon, Lung, and Melanoma Treatment". San Diego, CA....
-  Agena Bioscience, Inc.. (9/1/15). "Press Release: Agena Bioscience Opens Office in Shanghai, China". San Diego, CA....
-  Agena Bioscience, Inc.. (8/24/15). "Press Release: Agena Bioscience Introduces Front-End Automation for Its MassARRAY System for Genetic Analysis". San Diego, CA....
-  Agena Bioscience, Inc.. (6/11/15). "Press Release: Agena Bioscience European Distributors Expand to KAWA.SKA and BioGen-Analytica". San Diego, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]