Document › Details
Agena Bioscience, Inc.. (4/4/16). "Press Release: Agena Bioscience Launches In Vitro Diagnostic Tests for Lung and Colon Cancer in Europe. Company Achieves CE-IVD mark and Enters Routine Molecular Diagnostics Market". San Diego, CA & Hamburg.
|Region||EU (European Union)|
|Organisation||Agena Bioscience GmbH|
|Group||Agena Bioscience (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Diatech Pharmacogenetics S.r.l.|
|Product||MassARRAY® Dx Colon Panel|
|Product 2||MassARRAY® Dx Analyzer 4|
|Index term||Agena Bioscience–Diatech: mass spec-based MDx, 201510– collab developm MassARRAY genomic CDx tests for cancer therapy w Diatech Pharmacogenetics Srl|
|Person||Dansky, Peter M. (Agena Bioscience 201407– CEO before Life Technologies + Applied Biosystems + Arcturus + Affymetrix)|
Agena Bioscience today announced the launch of its CE-IVD marked MassARRAY® Dx products in Europe. Two targeted diagnostic panels will be sold, the MassARRAY Dx Lung Panel and the MassARRAY Dx Colon Panel, in addition to the company’s MassARRAY Dx instrumentation.
The two diagnostic panels are the first in vitro diagnostic tests marketed by Agena Bioscience in Europe, originating from its partnership with Diatech Pharmacogenetics announced in October of 2015. Diatech has gained a significant share of the cancer diagnostics market in Italy with its own MassARRAY-based tests. Additional test panels are currently in development.
With its novel MassARRAY Dx products, Agena Bioscience offers molecular pathologists a unique combination of reliability, sensitivity, ease of use, and cost-effectiveness for targeted genetic testing. The multiplexed MassARRAY assays allow the user to concurrently analyze the relevant oncogenes and thereby reduce cost and turnaround time compared to existing methods. The two test panels support personalized treatment and improved patient care through rapid analysis of clinically actionable mutations implicated in lung and colon cancer.
Pete Dansky, Chief Executive Officer of Agena Bioscience, commented: “Our entry into the European clinical diagnostics market is a pillar of Agena’s global strategy to grow its clinical business with targeted, clinically actionable tests. The MassARRAY Dx Lung and Colon Panels will provide rapid and reliable diagnostic results to help physicians select the most effective treatments for their oncology patients.”
The MassARRAY Dx Colon Panel simultaneously analyzes over 200 mutations in the four major oncogenes involved in the pathogenesis of colorectal cancer (KRAS, BRAF, NRAS, PIK3CA), using < 40 ng of DNA extracted from fresh, frozen, or paraffin-embedded tissue.
The MassARRAY Dx Lung Panel simultaneously analyzes over 300 mutations in 10 genes implicated in the pathogenesis of lung cancer (EGFR, KRAS, BRAF, PIK3CA, NRAS, ALK, ERBB2, DDR2, MAP2K1, and RET), using < 40ng of DNA extracted from fresh, frozen, or paraffin-embedded tissue.
The CE-IVD marked MassARRAY Dx products, consisting of the MassARRAY Dx Colon Panel, MassARRAY Dx Lung Panel, and MassARRAY Dx instrumentation (MassARRAY Dx Analyzer 4, MassARRAY Dx Nanodispenser RS 1000), are sold exclusively in Europe for diagnostic use, and are not available for sale in the United States.
About Agena Bioscience
Agena Bioscience develops, manufactures, and supplies genetic analysis systems and reagents, including the MassARRAY® System. The system is a highly sensitive, cost-effective, mass spectrometry-based platform for high-throughput genetic analysis, and is used globally in diverse research fields such as cancer profiling for solid tumors and liquid biopsies, inherited genetic disease testing, pharmacogenetics, agricultural genomics, and clinical research. In the United States, the MassARRAY System is intended for research use only, and not intended for use in diagnostic procedures.
Record changed: 2016-04-10
More documents for Agena Bioscience (Group)
-  Agena Bioscience, Inc.. (8/29/16). "Press Release: Agena Bioscience Names Genelex as Certified Service Provider for Targeted Genetic Analysis". San Diego, CA....
-  Agena Bioscience, Inc.. (8/16/16). "Press Release: Agena Bioscience Expands ISO Accreditation for Genetic Testing". San Diego, CA....
-  Agena Bioscience, Inc.. (4/18/16). "Press Release: Agena Bioscience Launches High Sensitivity and Multiplexed Genetic Testing Product for Targeted Analysis of Solid Tumors". San Diego, CA....
-  Agena Bioscience, Inc.. (4/14/16). "Press Release: Agena Bioscience and Horizon Discovery to Launch iPLEX Reference Standards for the MassARRAY System". San Diego, CA & Cambridge....
-  Agena Bioscience, Inc.. (3/1/16). "Press Release: Agena Bioscience and CapitalBio Technology to Develop Cost-effective Genetic Testing for Commercial Agricultural Applications". San Diego, CA....
-  Agena Bioscience, Inc.. (10/27/15). "Press Release: Agena Bioscience and Diatech Pharmacogenetics Announce Plan to Launch Actionable, Targeted CE-IVD Marked Oncology Assays for Colon, Lung, and Melanoma Treatment". San Diego, CA....
-  Agena Bioscience, Inc.. (9/1/15). "Press Release: Agena Bioscience Opens Office in Shanghai, China". San Diego, CA....
-  Agena Bioscience, Inc.. (8/24/15). "Press Release: Agena Bioscience Introduces Front-End Automation for Its MassARRAY System for Genetic Analysis". San Diego, CA....
-  Agena Bioscience, Inc.. (6/11/15). "Press Release: Agena Bioscience European Distributors Expand to KAWA.SKA and BioGen-Analytica". San Diego, CA....
-  Agena Bioscience, Inc.. (4/27/15). "Press Release: Agena Bioscience Names Bioyong Technology as Fifth Certified Service Provider in China". San Diego, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]