Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/19/11). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Signs Agreement to Acquire Assets of A2 Technologies – Deal to Expand Agilent’s Spectroscopy Portfolio". Santa Clara, CA & Danbury, CT.
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) and A2 Technologies today announced they have signed a definitive agreement for Agilent to acquire specific assets of A2 Technologies. The acquisition includes substantially all of A2 Technologies' intellectual property, technology, employees and its spectroscopy product portfolio. Subject to customary closing conditions, the transaction is expected to be final in mid-February. Financial details were not disclosed.
Headquartered in Danbury, Conn., privately held A2 Technologies focuses on Fourier transform infrared (FT-IR) technology for lab and field use. The company designs, develops and manufactures FT-IR spectrometers for routine analysis and out-of-lab applications in the petrochemical, environmental, aerospace, art conservation, academia and geosciences markets. A2 Technologies' unique, patented technology offers customers high-performance analytical capabilities in a compact size.
"A2 Technologies' products, technology and people are a great fit with Agilent," said Mike McMullen, president of Agilent's Chemical Analysis Group. "We set out to grow our spectroscopy business, which we acquired this past year when Varian joined us, so we can offer customers an even wider range of the industry's best solutions. Adding A2 Technologies' cutting-edge, patented technology and top talent is a major move in this direction."
"We are very excited about joining the Agilent team as we believe it will greatly benefit our employees and customers," said Jon Frattaroli, CEO and co-founder of A2 Technologies. "For A2 Technologies, it will mean access to the many resources of Agilent, including their global distribution and support networks, as well as their innovative technology platforms. This will allow us to accelerate our growth, expand our support and bring even more exciting products to our customers."
About A2 Technologies
Headquartered in Danbury, Connecticut, A2 Technologies specializes in FT-IR technology for lab and field use. A2 Technologies manufactures and develops portable FT-IR spectrometers designed for the analytical needs of the petrochemical, environmental, aerospace, art conservation, academia, geoscience general environments where there is a need for analysis. The portable FT-IR analyzers extend the proven capabilities of Fourier transform infrared technology by rendering sample preparation obsolete and ensuring real time results.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in chemical analysis, life sciences, electronics and communications. The company's 18,500 employees serve customers in more than 100 countries. Agilent had net revenues of $5.4 billion in fiscal 2010. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
# # #
+1 408 553 2005
+1 201 312 1106
+1 408 345 8948
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports Fourth-Quarter 2016 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and PureHoney Technologies to Develop New Applications for RapidFire/MS System". Santa Clara, CA & Acton, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]