Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (8/27/12). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Now Offers Single-vendor Solutions in Supercritical Fluid Chromatography with Acquisition of Aurora SFC Systems Assets". Santa Clara, CA.
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today announced it has acquired the assets of Aurora SFC Systems, Inc., a leading provider of supercritical fluid chromatography (SFC) products for laboratory research and analysis. The acquisition includes the Aurora SFC Systems product line as well as intellectual property. Financial details were not disclosed.
Aurora SFC Systems has been a partner to Agilent for the past two years. Aurora's Fusion A5 platform is embedded into Agilent's SFC and Hybrid SFC/UHPLC systems, and is also sold as part of an upgrade option to Agilent's 1100, 1200 and 1260 Series LC systems. Acquiring the Aurora SFC assets now enables Agilent to offer these products as fully integrated, single-vendor SFC solutions.
Supercritical fluid chromatography is a normal phase technique that provides different selectivity compared to reversed phase UHPLC separation. SFC is used for a broad range of applications, including separation of chiral compounds, detection of impurities in pharmaceutical samples, determination of additives and migration products in consumer goods and food packaging or in ASTM methods such as D5186 for the determination of aromatic content in fuels. SFC represents a generic, cost-effective alternative to HPLC, providing results faster and with superior resolution. SFC is also known as a green technique that minimizes the consumption of organic solvents and avoids generating large amounts of toxic waste.
"We valued the partnership we had with Aurora SFC Systems and are excited to bring this technology and expertise into Agilent," said Patrick Kaltenbach, vice president and general manager of Agilent's Liquid Phase Separations Business. "The deployment of orthogonal separation techniques has gained significant importance in liquid phase separations as regulatory agencies increasingly demand comprehensive results."
Aurora SFC Systems, a privately held company, was founded in 2007. It was headquartered in Redwood City, Calif., with a second location in Toughkenamon, Pa.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in chemical analysis, life sciences, diagnostics, electronics and communications. The company's 20,000 employees serve customers in more than 100 countries. Agilent had net revenues of $6.6 billion in fiscal 2011. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
# # #
+1 408 553 2005
Alicia Rodriguez, Agilent
+1 408 345 8948
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports Fourth-Quarter 2016 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and PureHoney Technologies to Develop New Applications for RapidFire/MS System". Santa Clara, CA & Acton, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]