Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (2/28/11). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Acquires Lab901 to Expand Electrophoresis Portfolio for Molecular Biology Applications". Santa Clara, CA.
|Country||United Kingdom (GB)|
|Product||Agilent 2100 Bioanalyzer|
|Index term||Lab901–Agilent: investment, 201102 acquisition €na|
|Person||Kaltenbach, Patrick (Agilent 201411– VP + President of LSAG business unit joined HP in 1991)|
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today announced it has acquired Lab901, a leading electrophoresis equipment and consumables company based in Edinburgh, U.K. The company's automated electrophoresis products are used for DNA, RNA and protein analysis. Financial details of the acquisition were not disclosed.
Lab901develops and markets a TapeStation benchtop electrophoresis instrument, ScreenTape plastic-based consumables and associated reagents. Customers include scientists in pharma, bio-pharma R&D and quality control, as well as academic and government institutions. Founded in 2001, Lab901 employs around 45 people.
"With the addition of Lab901's outstanding technology and talented team, Agilent can now address customer needs across the entire span of electrophoresis life science applications - from semi-automated to 96-well-plate compatible workflows," said Patrick Kaltenbach, vice president of Agilent's Liquid Phase Separations business. "Alongside our existing BioAnalyzer platform and the Agilent G7100 Electrophoresis System, the Lab901 ScreenTape system provides a very versatile, automated and scalable throughput gel electrophoresis solution for a wide range of applications."
Lab901's ScreenTape system is a fast and convenient benchtop automated system for gel electrophoresis. Customers simply load their samples and the ScreenTape consumable into the compact TapeStation instrument and within as little as one minute per sample, fully analyzed results for protein, RNA and DNA samples are displayed.
With its unique combination of automation, ease of use and scalable throughput, the system is ideally suited for sample quality control in next-generation sequencing and gene expression workflows as well as protein electrophoresis and DNA fragment analysis in core labs. In these applications, time to result and reproducibility of data is critical.
"We have always recognized the strong synergy between our two companies," said Joel Fearnley, Lab901's former CEO, who will join Agilent Technologies along with the rest of his employees. "Lab901's innovative technology, exciting products and experienced team are a perfect fit with Agilent's culture and pioneering history. We look forward to offering our global customers an unrivalled portfolio of advanced products to address their electrophoresis needs."
The TapeStation and ScreenTapes will complement Agilent?s strong electrophoresis portfolio. Launched in 1999, the Agilent 2100 Bioanalyzer was the first commercially available instrument to use microfluidics technology for the analysis of biological samples. The 2100 Bioanalyzer has become the market-leading device for RNA and DNA QC in microarray, qPCR and next-generation workflows. Agilent has just recently extended the chip supply agreement for this platform and will continue to develop new applications for it.
Newly introduced in 2009, Agilent's G7100 Capillary Electrophoresis System is one of the most versatile benchtop electrophoresis platforms on the market. It is compatible with a wide range of detectors ranging from UV (ultraviolet absorbance) to LIF (laser-induced fluorescence) to MS (mass spectrometry) to CCDs (contactless conductivity detectors). In particular the G7100's seamless integration with Agilent's comprehensive mass-spectrometry portfolio, makes it a perfect fit for small molecule, protein and metabolomics research and validation.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in chemical analysis, life sciences, electronics and communications. The company's 18,500 employees serve customers in more than 100 countries. Agilent had net revenues of $5.4 billion in fiscal 2010. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
# # #
+1 408 553 2005
+1 408 345 8948
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports Fourth-Quarter 2016 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and PureHoney Technologies to Develop New Applications for RapidFire/MS System". Santa Clara, CA & Acton, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]