Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/14/11). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Adds Ion Traps to GC/MS Lineup, Integrating Flexible Ionization and Scan Modes with Core GC Platform". Atlanta, GA.
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Product||220-MS Ion Trap GC/MS system (Varian)|
|Product 2||240-MS Ion Trap GC/MS system (Varian)|
|Person||Sheehan, Terry (Agilent 201506 Marketing Manager GC/MS)|
|Person 2||Matlow, Stuart (Stu) (Thermo Fisher 201206 Public Relations Manager Chromatography + Mass Spectrometry before Agilent)|
Agilent Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: A) today introduced the 240 and 220 Ion Trap GC/MS systems. These new systems combine the flexibility (multiple ionization and scan modes) of an ion trap mass spectrometer with the rugged performance and advanced Capillary Flow Technology of the Agilent 7890A gas chromatograph.
The Agilent 240 Ion Trap MS offers a sub-picogram detection limit in full scan mode, providing reliable quantitation and identification over a wide range of concentrations. The instrument also features MS/MS and MSn capabilities, which reduce matrix influences and provide detailed structural data. EI, CI and MS/MS can be performed in the same run, providing tremendous selectivity for complex matrix analysis. Applications include environmental analysis, materials testing, food quality and safety measurement, and a wide range of research and routine analyses performed in government and academic labs.
The Agilent 220 Ion Trap MS is designed for labs requiring flexibility of ionization and scan modes at the lower end of the GC/MS price range. These include educational labs, as well as labs needing rugged operation for high-throughput, routine testing such as regulated groundwater, wastewater or volatile organic compound analysis. Users can start with EI and easily upgrade to CI or MS/MS as needed.
"These are strategic additions to our GC/MS portfolio, and we expect them to help maintain the strong momentum established by the Agilent single and triple quadrupole platforms," said Terry Sheehan, Ph.D., Agilent GC/MS marketing manager. "Food safety, environmental analysis and academics are key areas for Agilent, and we think these new instruments will be very popular in these segments due to their flexibility, performance and value."
The advanced ion trap MS modules are designed to take full advantage of the robust Agilent 7890A GC, especially with complex samples and at low detection limits. Precise sample introduction, advanced separation capabilities, and real-time self-monitoring instrument intelligence contribute to consistently high performance. Fast oven cooldown and reliable backflushing contribute to high productivity.
Agilent's 7693A Automatic Liquid Sampler further boosts productivity and flexibility, offering fast injection and a full range of enhanced capabilities such as sandwich injections using up to three layers with air gap.
For more information about the Agilent 240 and 220 Ion Trap GC/MS systems, visitwww.agilent.com/chem/240iontrapgcms and www.agilent.com/chem/220iontrapgcms.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in chemical analysis, life sciences, electronics and communications. The company's 18,500 employees serve customers in more than 100 countries. Agilent had net revenues of $5.4 billion in fiscal 2010. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
# # #
For images related to this press release, please visit the ImageLibrary (Image #174)
+1 553 7191
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports Fourth-Quarter 2016 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and PureHoney Technologies to Develop New Applications for RapidFire/MS System". Santa Clara, CA & Acton, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]