Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (5/24/10). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Introduces LC/MS Forensic Toxicology Application Kit for Fast Setup, Maximum Confidence". Salt Lake City, UT.
|Region||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin|
|Group||Humboldt University Berlin|
|Product||Forensic Toxicology Application Kit for LC-QTOF MS systems (Agilent)|
|Product 2||6500 Accurate Mass Q-TOF mass spectrometer (Agilent)|
|Index term 2||Agilent–Humboldt Univ: mass spectra library, 201005 collab developm Broecker, Herre & Pragst PCDL tog w Charité Institute of Legal Medicine|
|Person||Fjeldsted, John (Agilent 200906 LC/MS RnD Director)|
|Person 2||Pragst, Fritz|
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today introduced the Agilent Forensic Toxicology Application Kit for its liquid chromatography/hybrid quadrupole-time of flight mass spectrometry (LC-QTOF MS) systems. The application kit allows users to quickly and easily set up screening experiments that produce exceptionally high-confidence results.
"We've been working closely with customers and experts in the field of forensics and toxicology on this application kit, and are sharing our experience for the benefit of a wider customer base," said John Fjeldsted, general manager, Agilent LC/MS business. "This kit combines the specificity of an accurate mass database with the additional confidence of high-quality, accurate mass MS/MS spectra in a personal compound database and library (PCDL). The kit is a complete package with recommended methods and application note."
The database and library, called the Broecker, Herre & Pragst PCDL, was developed in collaboration with the Institute of Legal Medicine and Forensic Sciences at the Charité Universitaetsmedizin Berlin.
"The use of accurate mass and isotopic pattern from the molecular ion significantly increased the confidence for identifying toxicologically and forensically relevant compounds compared to using UV spectra," said forensics authority Prof. Dr. Fritz Pragst, creator of the well-known Pragst Forensics UV spectral library. "The addition of accurate mass MS/MS spectral library search provides even more confidence of results by discriminating between the large number of possible structural isomers."
The Forensic Toxicology Application Kit is designed to be used with an Agilent 1200 Series RRLC or 1290 Infinity LC and an Agilent 6500 Series Accurate Mass Q-TOF LC/MS system. The kit contains everything needed to perform forensic or toxicology screenings:
* accurate mass PCDL with more than 6,500 compounds;
* MS/MS spectra for more than 2,500 compounds at three collision energies to reduce or eliminate false positives;
* LC column and analysis methods;
* DVD with method and data files, application note and quick-start guide, speeding startup by showing examples of analyses; and
* MassHunter PCDL software, which allows content to be easily viewed and edited (e.g., adding compounds and MS/MS spectra). The software makes it easy to create custom databases, for smaller and more specific suites of analytes compiled to specific requirements.
The new Agilent Forensic Toxicology Application Kit will be available in August.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in communications, electronics, life sciences and chemical analysis. The company's 16,000 employees serve customers in more than 110 countries. Agilent had net revenues of $4.5 billion in fiscal 2009. Information about Agilent is available on the Web at www.agilent.com.
# # #
+1 408 553 7191
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports Fourth-Quarter 2016 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and PureHoney Technologies to Develop New Applications for RapidFire/MS System". Santa Clara, CA & Acton, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]