Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/12/15). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Boosts Productivity of Biopharmaceutical Labs with MassHunter Enhancements". Santa Clara, CA.
|Organisation||Weber Shandwick, Chicago Office|
|Group||Interpublic Group (IPG) (Group)|
|Product 2||mass spectrometry-based analysis of biopharmaceutical|
|Person||Gendeh, Gurmil (Agilent 201503 Director Biopharma Segment Marketing)|
Easy-to-Use Software Improves Analysis Consistency, Transferability
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today announced new software releases designed to make research and development easier for scientists in the biopharmaceutical field.
Enhancements to the company's industry-leading MassHunter BioConfirm and MassHunter Walkup products enable researchers to more easily focus on protein characterization, helping them obtain molecular weight, locate post-translational modifications in protein sequences, and create comprehensive peptide maps with speed and accuracy.
"With the shift from small-molecule pharmaceuticals to large-molecule biopharmaceuticals, companies need to retool their discovery operations in terms of both laboratory equipment and employee skill sets," said Gurmil Gendeh, Ph.D., director of Biopharmaceutical Segment Marketing for Agilent. "We have responded with software tools that allow virtually anyone to use highly advanced instruments for tandem liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry."
Dr. Gendeh noted that the Agilent software for biopharmaceutical analysis is easy to learn and easy to use. "Agilent has taken the lead in offering biologists the ability to walk up to an LC/MS instrument and get back excellent analytical results," he said. "The software greatly improves user-to-user and day-to-day consistency and allows for easy method transferability between laboratories and sites."
The software significantly reduces the learning curve for researchers because they can submit samples through a simple, three-step process. The system then emails the results to them, using reports that were designed by and for biologists.
Far less training (and far less setup time) is required, so researchers can focus on advancing new biological entities along their company's development pipeline. What's more, the Agilent software provides more accurate results because it makes use of Agilent databases and searches for more diverse, post-translational modifications than other systems.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A), a global leader in life sciences, diagnostics and applied chemical markets, is the premier laboratory partner for a better world. Agilent works with customers in more than 100 countries, providing instruments, software, services and consumables for the entire laboratory workflow. Agilent generated revenues of $4.0 billion in fiscal 2014. The company employs about 12,000 people worldwide. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
# # #
+1 303 357 2391
Record changed: 2016-06-07
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/20/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Hires Samraat »Sam« Raha to Head Strategy and Corporate Development". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/15/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Board of Directors Elects Koh Boon Hwee as New Chairman". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/15/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Announces Cash Dividend of 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/8/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Launches New Research-grade Triple Quadrupole LC/MS System ". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/7/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Extends Biopharma Portfolio with Advanced Mass Spec System". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/2/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Introduces Postnatal Assay for Detection of Genetic Anomalies. GenetiSure Dx Postnatal Assay Can Help Move Inquiries from Cause to Care Faster". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (2/27/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies CTO Darlene Solomon Elected to National Academy of Engineering". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (2/23/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Announces Webcasts for Investment Community". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (2/21/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Receives Dow's Western Canada Science and Technical Excellence Conference Awards (WesTEC) for Technical Excellence and Innovation". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (2/14/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports First-Quarter 2017 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]