Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (6/15/10). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Offers FT-IR Solutions for Biomedical and Biological Analysis". Santa Clara, CA.
|Organisation||University of Manchester (UoM)|
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today announced Fourier Transform-Infra Red (FT-IR) solutions for biomedical and biological applications that reduce analysis times and reveal more detailed information about biomedical and biological samples.
FT-IR spectroscopy is an emerging tool in life sciences. Applications range from new drug development to the study of diseased tissues. The new solutions feature Varian's superior performing 600-IR Series spectrometers and microscopes, software and accessories.
Traditional techniques for studying biological samples, such as cell staining, are often time consuming and limited in the types and amount of information that can be gathered. Varian's FT-IR systems offer the highest energy throughput and deliver the most detailed chemical information. Varian's 620-IR microscope provides the most sensitive and fastest chemical imaging solution in the industry. The 620-IR is ideal for users that need to quickly investigate large tissues samples and have very little time to prepare those samples. The 620-IR makes visible what other systems cannot detect, and does it in a fraction of the time.
"The accuracy, high spatial resolution and reproducibility of the Varian FT-IR system provides an excellent tool for analyzing large tissue samples," said Dr. Peter Gardner, senior lecturer, The University of Manchester, U.K. "The Varian 620-IR has enabled my group to collect data on prostate tissue samples in minutes instead of hours, enabling us to rapidly progress our research within the past six months."
FT-IR analysis can complement or replace other techniques allowing investigators to:
* study drug uptake through membranes using attenuated total reflectance chemical imaging;
* characterize biological changes on a nanosecond time scale;
* identify and characterize unknown protein samples in seconds;
* investigate the chemical makeup of live cells and probe their response in aqueous environments; and
* monitor and optimize microbial fermentation processes to increase production efficiency.
"Varian FT-IR spectrometers and microscopes help life-science researchers gather high-resolution chemical information about biological samples and processes in a minimal amount of time," said Phil Binns, general manager, Spectroscopy Products, Agilent Technologies. "Our software and accessories extend the utility of FT-IR to analyses that would be impossible or impractical with other methods."
For more complete information about biomedical and biological applications, please view the electronic brochure at www.varianftirbio.com/ebrochure.html. This brochure provides detailed data on biomedical and biological applications and highlights the features and benefits of Varian's FT-IR systems with informative 3D animations.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in chemical analysis, life sciences, electronics and communications. The company's 19,000 employees serve customers in more than 110 countries. Agilent had net revenues of $4.5 billion in fiscal 2009. Information about Agilent is available on the Web at www.agilent.com.
# # #
+1 408 553 2005
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports Fourth-Quarter 2016 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and PureHoney Technologies to Develop New Applications for RapidFire/MS System". Santa Clara, CA & Acton, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]