Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/7/13). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Applied Proteomics Will Collaborate to Maximize Capabilities of Highly Multiplexed Protein Assays". Santa Clara, CA & San Diego, CA.
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE:A) and Applied Proteomics Inc. today agreed to collaborate on highly multiplexed protein assays and workflow solutions for multiple reaction monitoring through mass spectrometry. Proteins perform many important cellular functions, are the targets of most drugs and therapies, and are often used as biomarkers for detecting and monitoring disease.
Applied Proteomics will leverage Agilent 6490 Triple Quadrupole MS/MS, 1290 Infinity LC, RapidFire 360 MS system and Bravo liquid-handling technologies to optimize the throughput of highly multiplexed proteomic assays. Multiple reaction monitoring, a highly specific and sensitive mass-spectrometry technique, can detect and quantify analytes from plasma, serum and other biological samples. A multiplex assay can simultaneously measure multiple analytes, such as proteins, peptides, metabolites and lipids.
"The ability to quickly and accurately measure, monitor and analyze a large number of protein biomarkers in a single test has important applications for understanding human diseases and developing new clinical diagnostics," said John E. Blume, Ph.D., chief science officer of Applied Proteomics. "Agilent's innovation in mass spectrometry is an important part of this collaboration as we work together to expand the capabilities of multiplex protein assays."
Applied Proteomics specializes in a proteomics platform solution with mass spectrometry-based systems control and computational expertise to rapidly collect, process and analyze proteins. Proteomics is the study of the structure and function of proteins and how they interact within a complex biological system.
"We are thrilled to be collaborating with Applied Proteomics, an organization that has leading expertise in developing mass spectrometry-based methods and instrumentation technologies for protein quantification and proteome applications," said Can Ozbal, director of Agilent's RapidFire business. "Agilent's innovative automation, measurement and software platforms transform complete workflow solutions from sample preparation through data acquisition, analysis and evaluation in quantitative proteomics and biomarker validation."
About Applied Proteomics Inc.
Applied Proteomics Inc. is advancing the application of proteomics to the development of diagnostics, companion diagnostics, and personalized medicine applications to power better medical decisions and care. API has developed a proteomics platform solution to make protein-based biomarker discovery possible as a replicable, industrial application ready to be applied to health diagnostic problems. API's platform combines improved instrumentation, faster computing and extensive genome annotations with regimented standard operating procedures, extensive quality controls, and documented processes spanning hundreds of steps from sample collection to processing through informatics. API is currently advancing several internal diagnostic development programs. API is headquartered in San Diego, Calif. For more information, visit www.appliedproteomics.com.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in chemical analysis, life sciences, diagnostics, electronics and communications. The company's 20,500 employees serve customers in more than 100 countries. Agilent had revenues of $6.9 billion in fiscal 2012. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
# # #
Eric Endicott, Agilent
+1 408 553 2005
Jessica Yingling, Applied Proteomics
+1 858 344 8091
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/7/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Extends Biopharma Portfolio with Advanced Mass Spec System". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/2/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Introduces Postnatal Assay for Detection of Genetic Anomalies. GenetiSure Dx Postnatal Assay Can Help Move Inquiries from Cause to Care Faster". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (2/27/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies CTO Darlene Solomon Elected to National Academy of Engineering". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (2/23/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Announces Webcasts for Investment Community". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (2/21/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Receives Dow's Western Canada Science and Technical Excellence Conference Awards (WesTEC) for Technical Excellence and Innovation". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (2/14/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports First-Quarter 2017 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/31/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Dako’s CE Marked PD-L1 IHC 22C3 pharmDx Companion Diagnostics". Carpinteria, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/18/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Extends Collaboration on Reproductive Genetics". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at Goldman Sachs Healthcare CEO Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Water-quality Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]