Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (8/28/06). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Metabolomics Portfolio with Desktop Version of Metlin Metabolite Database". Prague.
|Organisation||Mass Consortium Corporation|
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today announced that it has entered an agreement with Mass Consortium Corp. to develop customizable desktop software that will automate METLIN Metabolite Database searches.
This database is a dynamic data-management resource for the characterization of known and unknown metabolites -- small molecules produced during such metabolic processes as respiration and the breakdown of drugs.
"The comprehensive examination of metabolites is crucial for understanding living systems, whether it is in fundamental biochemistry, disease diagnosis or drug toxicity," said Gary Siuzdak, Ph.D., founder of San Diego, Calif.-based Mass Consortium Corp. "By making the METLIN database easily available to its customer base and thus enabling fast, accurate metabolite identification, Agilent is helping to accelerate the development of the field of metabolomics."
The new software package will aid researchers in attaining a broad perspective on biochemical events beyond proteins, in discovering biomarkers, and in conducting toxicological profiling to better screen compounds. "This agreement will make the METLIN Database a more powerful resource for the characterization of metabolites," explained Siuzdak.
The METLIN Database is designed to provide public access to its repository of metabolites and mass spectral metabolite data. Available to the public at metlin.scripps.edu, it contains an annotated list of known metabolites derived from compounds originating within or outside the body, as well as their mass, chemical formula and structure. When possible, each metabolite is linked to other databases. Searches on these databases include elemental composition, name and mass. The list continues to expand as more metabolite information is discovered and deposited.
Agilent's metabolomics customers will receive a software package that enables individual customization of the database using features exclusive to the desktop version, including the addition of proprietary compounds and related data. The software package will be compatible with Agilent MassHunter Workstation software and Agilent GeneSpring MS software, from which localized automated searches of the entire mass spectral database can be made with a few keystrokes.
"Agilent is committed to advancing the field of metabolomics with our growing portfolio of GC/MS, LC/MS, software tools and applications," said Taia Ergueta, general manager of Agilent's mass spectrometry business. "Our collaboration with Dr. Siuzdak on METLIN adds an indispensable research tool to Agilent's end-to-end bundle of metabolomics instruments and software."
The desktop METLIN software package is scheduled to be available early next year to customers who purchase products from Agilent's metabolomics portfolio, including the 6890/5975 Gas Chromatograph/Mass Spectrometer system, the 1200/6210 Liquid Chromatograph/Time-of-Flight Mass Spectrometer system, and the 1200/6510 Liquid Chromatograph/Quadrupole Time-of-Flight Mass Spectrometer system. Agilent will periodically release updates to the database.
For further information about Agilent's life sciences solutions, visit www.chem.agilent.com.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in communications, electronics, life sciences and chemical analysis. The company's 20,000 employees serve customers in more than 110 countries. Agilent had net revenue of $5.1 billion in fiscal 2005. Information about Agilent is available on the Web at www.agilent.com.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports Fourth-Quarter 2016 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and PureHoney Technologies to Develop New Applications for RapidFire/MS System". Santa Clara, CA & Acton, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]