Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/15/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Board of Directors Elects Koh Boon Hwee as New Chairman". Santa Clara, CA.
|Product 2||diagnostics (medical/biological)|
|Person||Koh, Boon Hwee (Agilent 201703– Board Chairman)|
|Person 2||Cullen, James G. (Agilent 201503 Board Chairman)|
Former Singapore Airlines Chairman Succeeds James G. Cullen, Who Will Continue to Serve as a Director
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today announced that Koh Boon Hwee has been elected chairman of the board, effective at the end of today's shareholders' meeting. Koh, who has been a member of Agilent's board since 2003, replaces James G. Cullen, who served as chairman since 2005 and will continue as a director.
"Boon Hwee has provided consistently strong leadership and guidance, both as a board member and as chairman of our compensation committee," Cullen said. "He has tremendous expertise in international business and a strong commitment to Agilent's success, making him a valuable asset to the board. I am delighted that he will assume the chairmanship of the company."
Cullen added, "The orderly transition of the chairman's role reinforces Agilent's good-governance practices, including succession planning to ensure consistently extraordinary capability and integrity at the head of our company."
A proven visionary and distinguished leader, Koh has served as chairman of well-known companies such as Singapore Airlines, Singapore Telecom and DBS Bank, Ltd.
Agilent President and CEO Mike McMullen said, "Boon Hwee is highly respected by both board members and Agilent leadership. He offers a wide breadth of valuable perspective from his leadership at many international and Asia-based companies."
"I would also like to pay special tribute to Jim Cullen for his exceptional leadership as board chairman over the past 12 years. His guidance and support have been invaluable in the company's successful transformation into a global leader focused on life sciences, diagnostics and applied chemical markets." McMullen said. "I appreciate the strength of our board and the diverse insights they bring as Agilent continues to deliver on our priority of supporting our customers with answers they can count on to solve their greatest challenges."
"I am very pleased to accept the position of chairman during such an important time in the company's growth," Koh said. "I am particularly honored to follow Jim Cullen, whose wise counsel and stalwart support over the past decade have helped Agilent develop into a company that now consistently outgrows its competitors. I have long admired Agilent's scientific contributions, as well as its distinctive customer-centric culture of integrity, since the early days of my career, and I am looking forward to serving as its chairman now."
About Koh Boon Hwee
Koh is managing director of Credence Capital Fund II (Cayman) Ltd., a private equity fund. He currently serves as the non-executive chairman to Sunningdale Tech Ltd., where he was previously the executive chairman and CEO. He has also served as chairman at DBS Bank Ltd., Singapore Airlines and Singapore Telecom. Earlier in his career, Koh spent 14 years with Hewlett-Packard Co. in its Asia Pacific region. He is a graduate of Imperial College of Science and Technology, London, and Harvard Business School.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A), a global leader in life sciences, diagnostics and applied chemical markets, is the premier laboratory partner for a better world. Agilent works with customers in more than 100 countries, providing instruments, software, services and consumables for the entire laboratory workflow. The company generated revenues of $4.20 billion in fiscal 2016 and employs about 12,500 people worldwide. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
# # #
+1 408 345 8948
Record changed: 2017-04-04
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  InSphero AG. (3/27/17). "Press Release: InSphero 3D Liver Microtissues Featured at Annual SOT Meeting as More Sensitive Model for DILI and Mechanistic Toxicity Testing". Schlieren....
-  Reisch, Marc S. [C&EN]. (3/27/17). "News: Exploding Pumps Trigger Sciex Mass Spectrometer Alert. Global Safety Notice Recommends Shutdown of Workhorse Analytical Chemistry Tools"....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/21/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Enhances Exome Sequencing for Clinical Research". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/20/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Hires Samraat »Sam« Raha to Head Strategy and Corporate Development". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/15/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Announces Cash Dividend of 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/8/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Launches New Research-grade Triple Quadrupole LC/MS System ". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/7/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Extends Biopharma Portfolio with Advanced Mass Spec System". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/2/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Introduces Postnatal Assay for Detection of Genetic Anomalies. GenetiSure Dx Postnatal Assay Can Help Move Inquiries from Cause to Care Faster". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (2/27/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies CTO Darlene Solomon Elected to National Academy of Engineering". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (2/23/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Announces Webcasts for Investment Community". Santa Clara, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]