Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (9/29/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Burning Rock Sign Agreement on Molecular Diagnostics". Santa Clara, CA & Guangzhou.
Companies Collaborate in Their Aim to Accelerate Accurate Diagnosis
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) and Burning Rock today announced they have signed an agreement under which Burning Rock will develop cancer diagnostics in China based on the Agilent SureSelect target enrichment system.
Agilent is the leading provider of target enrichment for next-generation DNA sequencing. Target enrichment saves researchers time and resources by enabling them to focus on regions of interest rather than looking at the entire genome. Burning Rock is a fast-growing company focused on developing cancer diagnostics based on DNA sequencing.
"As the leader in molecular cancer diagnosis in China, Burning Rock is very pleased to partner with Agilent, a global leader in diagnostics and genomics," said Yusheng Han, the founder and chief executive officer of Burning Rock. "Collaboration between our two companies will provide additional high-quality molecular diagnostic solutions based on next-generation sequencing, including non-invasive testing, relapse monitoring, early-stage diagnosis and cancer susceptibility."
Fast and accurate cancer diagnoses are becoming increasingly important in China, with its extensive population and growing focus on advancing human health.
"We are excited to partner with Burning Rock to accelerate accurate diagnosis of cancer for patients in China," said Jacob Thaysen, president of Agilent's Diagnostics and Genomics Group. "We believe that target enrichment and next-generation sequencing have a vital role to play in personalizing medicine and ultimately delivering treatments tailored to the individual. This is especially so for complex diseases such as cancer."
Burning Rock plans to register its molecular diagnostic kit with the China Food and Drug Administration. The company believes the kit could become the first CFDA-approved capture sequencing-based cancer diagnostic assay in the Chinese market.
About Burning Rock
Burning Rock is headquartered in Beijing, China, and is a diagnostics company committed to the field of molecular testing to improve oncology patients' individualized treatment guidance. It offers research and commercialized clinical laboratory services mainly through bioinformatics on next-generation sequencing platforms. Burning Rock has a state-of-the-art molecular and pathological examination platform and has developed a series of testing solutions. To learn more, visit www.brbiotech.com.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A), a global leader in life sciences, diagnostics and applied chemical markets, is the premier laboratory partner for a better world. Agilent works with customers in more than 100 countries, providing instruments, software, services and consumables for the entire laboratory workflow. The company generated revenue of $4.04 billion in fiscal 2015 and employs about 12,000 people worldwide. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
# # #
Agilent Technologies, Inc.
+1 408 553 2005
+45 2933 6980
+86 21 6029 3721
Record changed: 2016-10-20
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/31/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Dako’s CE Marked PD-L1 IHC 22C3 pharmDx Companion Diagnostics". Carpinteria, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/18/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Extends Collaboration on Reproductive Genetics". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at Goldman Sachs Healthcare CEO Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Water-quality Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]