Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (8/23/11). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Chungnam National University Collaborate to Further Glycomics Research". Santa Clara, CA & Daeieon.
|Country||Korea, Republic of|
|Organisation||Chungnam National University, Graduate School of Analytical Science and Technology (GRAST)|
|Group||Chungnam National University|
|Product 2||mass spectrometry solution/method|
|Index term||Agilent–Chungnam National Univ: mass spectrometry, 201108– collab developm of glycomics applications + methods + technologies + s/w GRAST|
|Person||Grimm, Rudolf (Rudi) (Agilent 201006 Director Science & Technology Life Science Group)|
|Person 2||An, Hyun Joo (Chungnam National Univ 201112 Professor at GRAST)|
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) and Chungnam National University today announced an agreement to develop new applications, methods, technologies and software tools in the field of glycomics, the study of complex sugars. The university aims to identify and develop biomarkers for diseases such as cancer, leading to development of therapeutic antibody products.
This announcement marks the first partnership of its kind for Agilent with a university in Asia.
"Chungnam National University, with our motto, 'Creativity, development, and service to the community,' has been offering the best possible environment for excellence in research and education for over 50 years," said professor Kwang Hwa Chung, dean, Chungnam National University. "We are proud to announce this collaboration with Agilent that will see our university using the latest analytical and scientific technologies for research in glycomics."
"We are excited about this collaboration with one of the world's leading universities on glycan research," said Rod Minett, general manager, Agilent Life Sciences Group, South Asia Pacific and Korea. "The knowledge gleaned from the collaboration will not only contribute toward the improvement of the biosimilars industry in Korea, but also help scientists discover new cures and develop new drugs and vaccines to treat and prevent diseases."
The research will be jointly led by professor Hyun Joo An, department of analytical science and technology at Chungnam National University's Graduate School of Analytical Science and Technology (GRAST) and head of the new Asia Glycomics Education Center, and by Rudolf Grimm, Agilent's director of science and technology and manager of collaborations in the Asia Pacific region. Grimm was appointed adjunct professor by the university for his work in this field.
Both researchers will define and conduct joint research projects to develop new applications, methods or analytical tools for glycan analysis.
"There has been an increased interest in the area of glycomic research in Korea," said professor An. "I am very pleased that Chungnam National University and Agilent have chosen to combine their cutting-edge technology and knowledge in Korea to further research in this very exciting field."
"A collaboration with a world-class analytical scientist like professor An is an important step toward fostering innovation in the field of glycomics," said Grimm. "Such partnerships will ensure that Agilent remains a leading provider of knowledge and analytical solutions to further research."
Under the agreement, GRAST will also develop glycomics training courses for Agilent's customers and employees to help further the advancement in the field, while Agilent Life Sciences will utilize GRAST as its strategic glycomics reference site in Korea and Southeast Asia.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in chemical analysis, life sciences, electronics and communications. The company's 18,500 employees serve customers in more than 100 countries. Agilent had net revenues of $5.4 billion in fiscal 2010. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
# # #
Sui-Ching Low, Agilent Technologies, Asia
+65 6215 8975
Inae Kang, GRAST, Chungnam National University
+82 42 821 8553
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports Fourth-Quarter 2016 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and PureHoney Technologies to Develop New Applications for RapidFire/MS System". Santa Clara, CA & Acton, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]