Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (9/21/10). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Enters Second Phase of Collaboration to Map Human Proteome". Sydney.
|Organisation||Institute for Systems Biology (ISB) (Seattle)|
|Product||SRMAtlas database (ISB/ETHZ)|
|Person||Salem, Gustavo (Gus) (IDEX 201605 Group President of IDEX Health & Science before Siscapa + Agilent + Assay Designs)|
|Person 2||Moritz, Robert (Institute for Systems Biology 2008– Associate Professor + Director Proteomics)|
SYDNEY, Ninth Annual World Conference of the Human Proteome Organization, Sept. 21, 2010
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today announced that its collaboration with the Institute for Systems Biology (ISB) and the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH Zurich) for the mapping of the complete human proteome by mass spectrometry is entering its second phase.
On Sept. 20, the ISB and ETH Zurich announced completion of the first phase of this two-year project, including generating gold-standard reference mass spectra for each of 20,300 genes currently annotated as protein-encoding in the human genome. The project is expected to fuel research gains in biomarker discovery and validation, the search for protein-based diagnostic tests, personalized medicine and human health monitoring.
"Agilent is a strong proponent of taking an integrated-biology approach to solving important health challenges," said Gustavo Salem, Agilent vice president and general manager, Biological Systems Division. "In recent years, we've devoted a great deal of effort to developing highly sensitive and selective proteomics tools for research, and we're delighted to see them being used to such great effect for this vital work."
The original collaboration, announced in October 2009, includes using Agilent triple quadrupole and quadrupole time-of-flight liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry (LC/MS) systems; nanoflow HPLC-Chip/MS systems; and protein analysis software at ISB in Seattle and ETH Zurich, to create a map of all human proteins.
The project is headed by ISB's Robert Moritz and ETH Zurich's Ruedi Aebersold, along with ISB President Leroy Hood. Support at ISB is by the National Human Genome Research Institute of the National Institutes of Health, which provided $2.7 million in direct funding under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. The project at ETH was supported by ERC Advanced Grant Proteomics v3.o funding for five years totaling EUR 2.4 million.
The data will be made accessible to the research community through the ISB/ETH SRMAtlas database (www.srmatlas.org) as part of the ISB/ETH PeptideAtlas (www.peptideatlas.org) project.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in chemical analysis, life sciences, electronics and communications. The company's 18,500 employees serve customers in more than 100 countries. Agilent had net revenues of $4.5 billion in fiscal 2009. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
# # #
+1 408 553 7191
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports Fourth-Quarter 2016 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and PureHoney Technologies to Develop New Applications for RapidFire/MS System". Santa Clara, CA & Acton, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]