Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (6/16/10). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies eSeminar to Share Advanced Methods for Analyzing Environmental Matrixes Contaminated with Petroleum Hydrocarbons". Santa Clara, CA.
|Product||GC/MS (gas chromatography/mass spectrometry)|
|Product 2||environmental analysis|
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) will host an eSeminar on "Advanced Analytical Technologies for Analyzing Environmental Matrixes Contaminated with Petroleum Hydrocarbons" on Thursday, July 8, at 2 p.m. ET.
In response to the Gulf Coast oil spill, Agilent scientists immediately began working with government agencies tasked in the monitoring of environmental and food samples. The eSeminar will discuss the newest methods and technologies used to help customers identify the best technology solutions for testing environmental and food matrixes contaminated with petroleum hydrocarbons.
Various applications will be discussed for analyzing volatile organic compounds (VOCs), Semi-VOCs, petroleum hydrocarbons and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) in marine water, sediment and seafood. Advanced technologies are used to increase sample analysis productivity and enhance detection limit, including QuEChERS with dispersive SPE for cleanup; GC with capillary flow technology backflush and LTM-GC; GC/MS, GC/MS/MS, LC/FLD; and LC-QQQ, Q-TOF LC/MS.
The e-Seminar will focus on the use of QuEChERS, GC/MS, and the newly developed Agilent GC/MS/MS PAH analyzers. GC/MS/MS PAH analyzers are turnkey systems that have undergone complete factory setup and chemical testing prior to shipment so that samples can be run on day one. The analyzers come with a set of calibration standards and documentation to significantly reduce method development and start-up time. Backflush, based on Capillary Flow Technology, is built-in to reduce overall cycle time and optimize uptime. Sample preparation is accomplished using fast and simple Agilent QuEChERS PAH kits that offer the environmental benefit of eliminating the use of a chlorinated solvent. The combination of QuEChERS and advanced GC/MS technologies can reduce overall analysis time by a factor of five and improve detection limits versus the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration standard method.
To register or learn more about the eSeminar, visit www.agilent.com/chem/Enviro_eSeminar.
Panelists include Joni Stevens, Agilent senior application chemist for sample extraction; and Mike Szelewski, Agilent senior application scientist for environmental analysis.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in communications, electronics, life sciences and chemical analysis. The company's 19,000 employees serve customers in more than 110 countries. Agilent had net revenues of $4.5 billion in fiscal 2009. Information about Agilent is available on the Web at www.agilent.com.
# # #
+1 408 623 2005
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports Fourth-Quarter 2016 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and PureHoney Technologies to Develop New Applications for RapidFire/MS System". Santa Clara, CA & Acton, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]