Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (2/4/13). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Compatibility and Capabilities of Atomic Force Microscope for Nanoscale Life Science Research". Santa Clara, CA.
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today announced that its 6000ILM atomic force microscope is now compatible with Nikon TiE series and Olympus IX series inverted light microscopes, significantly extending the popular AFM's utility for life science research.
Besides broader compatibility, Agilent added several key capabilities to the 6000ILM AFM platform. Of particular importance is the availability of an incubator perfusion cell sample plate. The sample plate facilitates dynamic studies in liquids and gases, as well as a top-view video optics package that gives researchers the ability to see opaque samples while scanning.
Single-pass electrical characterization capabilities and force-volume spectroscopy capabilities, along with the flexibility of Agilent PicoView software plug-ins and scripting, further expand the usefulness of the 6000ILM AFM for studying cell membranes, the surface structure of cells, single DNA or RNA strands, individual proteins, single molecules, biopolymers and more.
"The compatibility of the 6000ILM AFM system with Nikon and Olympus inverted light microscopes means the advantages of high-precision atomic force microscopy are now readily accessible to a greater number of life science researchers," said Jeff Jones, operations manager for Agilent's nanoinstrumentation facility in Chandler, Ariz. "Seamless ILM-AFM integration lets researchers go beyond the optical diffraction limit to achieve nanoscale resolution without special sample preparation."
To facilitate dynamic studies in fluid, the optional 6000ILM perfusion cell sample plate provides continuous perfusion, offers variable flow-through and maintains liquid level. When even more control is required, a 6000ILM incubator perfusion cell sample plate boasts a sealed chamber, in and out ports for flow-through of liquids and gases, and the ability to heat from room temperature to 40 C. Cell viability can be maintained for up to eight hours. The 6000ILM AFM also supports a number of specially designed sample plates that accommodate cover slips, microscope slides, or petri dishes, as well as a controlled-temperature sample plate with heating from ambient to 80 C.
AFM Instrumentation from Agilent
Agilent offers high-precision modular AFM solutions for research, industry and education. Worldwide support is provided by experienced application scientists and technical service personnel. Agilent's leading-edge R&D laboratories are dedicated to the timely introduction and optimization of innovative and easy-to-use AFM technologies.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in chemical analysis, life sciences, diagnostics, electronics, and communications. The company's 20,500 employees serve customers in more than 100 countries. Agilent had revenues of $6.9 billion in fiscal 2012. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
# # #
Janet Smith, Americas
+1 970 679 5397
Sarah Calnan, Europe
+44 (118) 927 5101
Iris Ng, Asia
Joan Horwitz, nano measurement, Americas
+1 480 756 5905
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports Fourth-Quarter 2016 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and PureHoney Technologies to Develop New Applications for RapidFire/MS System". Santa Clara, CA & Acton, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]