Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/1/10). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Facilitates Third-party Software Control for Agilent LC Systems". Orlando, FL.
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Product||liquid chromatography system (LC system)|
|Product 2||chromatography software|
|Person||Owen, Tony (Agilent 201204 Senior Director Segment Marketing Life Sciences RETIRED 01/15)|
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today introduced the Instrument Control Framework (ICF), a software component making it faster and easier for third-party software to enable and control Agilent liquid chromatography (LC) systems in chromatographic data systems or workstations. Based on new standard instrument drivers from Agilent, ICF eliminates much of the delay and effort associated with software developers using low-level instrument control codes to write their own native drivers. Agilent is providing ICF to software developers at no cost.
"Third-party software developers now can spend far less time and money on R&D, enabling end users to get the exact instrument control capabilities they need with less delay," said Tony Owen, Agilent manager, Software and Services Marketing. "This is an example of how Agilent's open systems approach delivers extra value to the science community."
Agilent's ICF contains Agilent 1200 Series LC RC.NET instrument drivers and provides a simple programming interface for third-party software connectivity. The third-party simply develops an adaptor from their own software to ICF to gain full control of current, future and some older Agilent LCs, with no need to write additional instrument control code.
Benefits of the Agilent ICF include:
* support of Agilent's 1100, 1200 and 1290 Infinity LC series LC modules, providing great flexibility;
* the high-level interface is easier to use than current low-level LICOP component support;
* users get a combined system view, which provides much better system status than module-specific views;
* the comprehensive user interface includes high-value functions such as method editing, instrument status and instrument configuration; and
* a simple update routine makes possible the fast and simple support of new modules and enhancements.
The Agilent ICF provides the convenience of instrument control without the need for deeper knowledge of underlying hardware and firmware. Agilent ICF also provides integrated online help, facilitates localization into a variety of languages, and accommodates method audit trails.
Agilent ICF is available today. For more information, or to inquire about obtaining Agilent ICF, please contact Tony Owen at email@example.com.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in communications, electronics, life sciences and chemical analysis. The company's 16,000 employees serve customers in more than 110 countries. Agilent had net revenues of $4.5 billion in fiscal 2009. Information about Agilent is available on the Web at www.agilent.com.
# # #
+1 408 553 7191
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports Fourth-Quarter 2016 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and PureHoney Technologies to Develop New Applications for RapidFire/MS System". Santa Clara, CA & Acton, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]