Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (5/12/10). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Funds University College Dublin Newman Fellowship in Quantitative Proteomics". Santa Clara, CA & Dublin.
|Country||Ireland, Republic of|
|Organisation||UCD Conway Institute, Proteome Research Center|
|Group||University College Dublin (UCD)|
|Person||McDonnell, Padraig (Agilent 201407 EVP + GM Life Science + Applied Markets EMEAI)|
|Person 2||Pennington, Steve (UCD 2010 Professor Conway Institute)|
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) and University College Dublin (UCD) today announced the appointment of Dr. Ben Collins as the Agilent Technologies Newman Fellow in Quantitative Proteomics at the UCD Conway Institute of Biomolecular and Biomedical Research.
Dr. Collins' research, under the supervision of Professor Steve Pennington, will focus on the development and application of advanced liquid chromatography mass spectrometry (LC/MS) methodologies to support a variety of biomedical research projects. Using Agilent LC/MS instruments, Dr. Collins will research methods for determining differences in the concentrations of large numbers of proteins in diverse samples. Research projects range from identifying strategies to improve the safety evaluation of new drugs, to uncovering novel methods for early diagnosis of prostate cancer by screening blood proteins.
Agilent and the Proteome Research Center at the UCD Conway Institute have an existing collaboration focused on the development and application of advanced workflows for analysis of protein content in biological samples.
"As a leading technology partner to academia, the funding of the Newman Fellowship reflects our core belief that investing in the next generation of thought leaders is a crucial part of moving science forward," said Padraig McDonnell, country general manager, Agilent Ireland. "We look forward to working closely with Professor Pennington and his team at UCD to further research and understanding in the field of quantitative proteomics."
Funding for the Newman Fellowship was made possible through Agilent's university research program, which fosters the advancement and application of measurement technologies at universities around the world.
For more than 21 years, leading Irish and multinational business, industry and philanthropy have funded high-caliber, postdoctoral research across the humanities and sciences through the UCD Newman Fellowship Program. Each Newman Fellow is funded for a two-year period to conduct a major research project leading to publication. The fellowships build on the complementary strengths and needs of the University and the corporate sector.
"The Newman Fellowship Program is an important element of UCD's research strategy, providing opportunities at postdoctoral level for high-caliber national and international researchers, generously funded by philanthropy, business and industry," said Jessica Kavanagh, UCD director of Trusts & Foundations. "The University provides facilities for these talented and energetic Fellows and supports them academically during their tenure. Working alongside their academic mentors, the Fellows contribute greatly to the academic research agenda of their particular discipline and to university life in general."
This year celebrates the 21st anniversary of the UCD Newman Fellowship Program and recognizes the 120 Newman Fellows who have undertaken research in diverse areas of study across the University.
Established in 1854, University College Dublin (UCD) is the largest university in Ireland with a mission to advance knowledge through high quality research and scholarship, to communicate knowledge through excellence in teaching and to use new learning to enrich the businesses, products, policies and services of tomorrow. At UCD, 22,000 undergraduate and postgraduate students are engaged in diverse fields of study across the Arts, Business, Engineering Health, Humanities, Science and Technology. Currently ranked 89th in the world (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2009), UCD continues to build its reputation as a destination of choice for leading international researchers, providing an environment in which they can innovate and excel. Through its educational and research programs, the University has emerged as a major national resource in confronting the economic and social challenges facing Ireland and is actively forging exciting educational and research partnerships and collaborations with government, academic, community, business and professional organizations. More information is available at www.ucd.ie.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in communications, electronics, life sciences and chemical analysis. The company's 16,000 employees serve customers in more than 110 countries. Agilent had net revenues of $4.5 billion in fiscal 2009. Information about Agilent is available on the Web at www.agilent.com.
# # #
For images related to this press release, please visit the ImageLibrary (Image #140)
Eric Endicott, Agilent
+1 408 553 2005
Mary Staunton, UCD Foundation
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports Fourth-Quarter 2016 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and PureHoney Technologies to Develop New Applications for RapidFire/MS System". Santa Clara, CA & Acton, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]