Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (6/4/07). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Introduces Improvements to Single Quadrupole Mass Spectrometers for Increased Presicion, Speed". Indianapolis, IN.
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||ASMS (American Society for Mass Spectrometry)|
|Product||6100 Series Single Quadrupole LC/MS system (Agilent)|
|Product 2||6110 Single Quad LC/MS system (Agilent)|
|Person||Salem, Gustavo (Gus) (IDEX 201605 Group President of IDEX Health & Science before Siscapa + Agilent + Assay Designs)|
ASMS Conference on Mass Spectrometry
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today introduced enhancements to its 6100 Series of single quadrupole mass spectrometers that provide customers with a wide range of benefits, including increased precision and speed. The specific benefits are:
* for high-throughput labs, the ability to obtain high-quality mass spectrometer (MS) data across very narrow chromatographic peaks (in the range of one second in peak width);
* maximum spectral information confirming that the correct peaks are being identified;
* faster POS/NEG mode switching, providing more information, even for the very narrow chromatographic peaks; and
* more universal detection of new chemical entities where it is difficult to predict the best ionization conditions.
In addition to the new ultra-fast positive/negative switching, the research-grade model Agilent 6140 now features fast scanning at 10,000 amu/sec with industry-leading data quality. All four of the Agilent 6100 single quad models have improved injection-to-injection cycle time, providing further efficiencies for high-throughput labs. Combined with additional capabilities, including the multimode source's ability to perform simultaneous electrospray ionization (ESI) and atmospheric pressure chemical ionization (APCI), these upgraded systems enable nearly 100-percent coverage for almost all drug candidates.
"Agilent is a market leader in single-quad technology, with Agilent single quads used in pharmaceutical and chemical analysis laboratories around the world," said Agilent's Gus Salem, VP and general manager, LC/MS. "We have introduced these changes to give our 6100 Series customers more options tailored to their analytical needs."
Agilent 6100 Series Quadrupole LC/MS systems put the sensitivity, selectivity, and information content of mass spectrometry into a compact package. Four models are available:
* The Agilent 6140 Single Quad is a high-performance, fast-scanning model designed for high-throughput laboratories. With a scanning speed of 10,000 amu/second, it keeps pace with the Agilent 1200 Rapid Resolution LC system, the industry's fastest liquid chromatograph.
* The Agilent 6130 Single Quad is a full-featured research-grade model, offering 1-picogram sensitivity, multi-signal capability and a full mass range to 3,000 amu.
* The Agilent 6120 Single Quad offers 10-picogram sensitivity and positive/negative switching capability. It enables drug discovery and development researchers to rapidly analyze new compound libraries.
* The Agilent 6110 Single Quad is an entry-level model offering 10-picogram sensitivity.
Like all Agilent 6000 Series instruments, the single quads feature Agilent's autotune function, which improves ease of use, uptime and productivity by eliminating the need for manual recalibration from sample to sample. The single quads are compatible with the broadest range of ion sources in the industry, each of them easily exchanged. Among these ion sources is Agilent's proprietary multimode ion source, which is the only technology on the market to provide simultaneous ESI and APCI data. This improves productivity by reducing the need for repeated experimental runs and by producing more information per unit of time. The single quads have small footprints, only 15 inches of linear bench space, which helps conserve valuable laboratory space.
For more information, contact the Agilent Customer Call Center (phone numbers by country are available at www.chem.agilent.com/scripts/cag_feedback.asp) or visit Agilent online at www.agilent.com/chem/SQ.
Agilent in Mass Spectrometry
Agilent is a leading provider of GC/MS, LC/MS and ICP-MS technologies for organic and inorganic spectroscopy. Among the company's key products are the 5973 and 5975 inert MSDs, the 7500 Series ICP-MS systems, and the Agilent 6000 Series LC/MS triple quadrupole, ion trap, time-of-flight and quadrupole time-of-flight instruments. Agilent provides innovative HPLC-Chip/MS technology and the broadest range of ion sources in the industry. As a leader in separations and software, Agilent can address the entire customer workflow from sample introduction through data analysis.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in communications, electronics, life sciences and chemical analysis. The company's 19,000 employees serve customers in more than 110 countries. Agilent had net revenue of $5.0 billion in fiscal 2006. Information about Agilent is available on the Web at www.agilent.com.
# # #
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports Fourth-Quarter 2016 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and PureHoney Technologies to Develop New Applications for RapidFire/MS System". Santa Clara, CA & Acton, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]