Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/10/12). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Integrated Diagnostics Enter Strategic Partnership to Develop Protein-based Assays for Early Disease Detection".
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) and Integrated Diagnostics today announced a strategic partnership to develop assays that detect major human diseases at very early stages to improve treatment outcomes.
Integrated Diagnostics, an emerging leader in molecular diagnostics, is creating large-scale, blood-based molecular diagnostics that leverage advances in proteomics and genomics to detect diseases such as lung cancer and Alzheimer's at their earliest stages. Agilent manufactures a wide range of analytical instrumentation, including liquid chromatography, mass spectrometry and automation systems. Officials of both organizations see an opportunity to rapidly turn medical breakthroughs into diagnostic assays by combining efforts to focus on protein and peptide biomarkers of disease.
"Agilent provides an innovative and forward-looking platform and expertise to enable the development and deployment of next-generation multiplexed proteomic assays," said Paul Kearney, Ph.D., president and chief scientific officer, Integrated Diagnostics. "Integrated Diagnostics will bring expertise in assay development, technology strategy, study design, clinical development, commercialization and systems informatics to leverage the Agilent technology solution. Together, we intend to realize the potential of clinical proteomics today as well as establish the technological platform and strategy for the field. Our partnership with Agilent will allow us to realize the advantages of using a single technology platform from discovery and verification through to commercialization."
"Agilent and Integrated Diagnostics share the vision of harnessing the power of an integrative systems biology approach to solving some of mankind's most vexing health challenges," said Gustavo Salem, vice president and general manager of the Biological Systems Division at Agilent. "It's very exciting to be at the forefront of helping technology migrate from the research lab to the clinic, in this case developing next-generation workflows to improve protein-based LC/MS assays."
As part of the partnership, Integrated Diagnostics purchased two Agilent 1290 Infinity UHPLC systems, two 6490 iFunnel triple quadrupole mass spectrometry systems and two 1260 LCs with ultraviolet detectors for the project.
The partnership will develop high-throughput automated workflows to include sample preparation and LC MS/MS analysis. Participants expect accelerated biomarker discovery to be fueled by novel sample-prep technology, fast liquid chromatography and ultra-sensitive ion funnel triple quadrupole mass spectrometry.
The technology opens the possibility of screening for several hundred biomarkers in a single assay, in a very high-throughput and quantitative fashion, according to Agilent.
About Integrated Diagnostics
Integrated Diagnostics is developing large-scale, blood-based molecular diagnostics that detect important diseases like lung cancer and Alzheimer's at their earliest stages by simultaneously monitoring tens to hundreds of disease markers. The company, founded in October 2009 by systems biology pioneer Dr. Lee Hood, is creating a new generation of personalized medical solutions using sophisticated informatics for biomarker selection and a novel class of synthetically created diagnostic and therapeutic agents with antibody-like properties: protein-catalyzed capture agents. Integrated Diagnostics' mission is to build a new generation of low-cost, large-scale diagnostic assays for early detection of serious diseases. The company is conceptually based on a systems view of disease where pathophysiology arises from disease-perturbed networks of proteins, genes, and other molecules. Investors include InterWest Partners, The Wellcome Trust, and BioTechCube Luxembourg. Foundational intellectual property is exclusively licensed from the Institute of Systems Biology and Caltech. Learn more at www.integrated-diagnostics.com.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in chemical analysis, life sciences, electronics and communications. The company's 18,700 employees serve customers in more than 100 countries. Agilent had net revenues of $6.6 billion in fiscal 2011. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
# # #
Stuart Matlow, Agilent
+1 408 553 7191
Eliot Dobris, for Integrated Diagnostics
+1 415 902 1241
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports Fourth-Quarter 2016 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and PureHoney Technologies to Develop New Applications for RapidFire/MS System". Santa Clara, CA & Acton, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]