Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/10). "Press Release: BioSystem Development and Agilent Technologies Collaborate to Bring Precision and High-throughput to AssayMAP Micro-scale Chromatography". Madison, WI & Santa Clara, CA.
BioSystem Development and Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) announced a collaborative agreement to implement BioSystem Development's patented technology on the established Agilent Bravo automated liquid handling platform. BioSystem Development is a privately held life sciences analytics company and creator of AssayMAP® high-throughput micro-chromatography technology. The combined technologies will produce for the first time true chromatography separations on disposable, 5 ul packed-bed columns in a 96-channel SBS microplate format.
The collaboration creates a versatile integrated solution for protein sample preparation and processing. The new open-platform instrument combines the Agilent Bravo with 96AM head with AssayMAP cartridges that are packed with any chromatographic resin or immobilized enzyme. The new instrument enables a broad range of standard analytical workflows to be rapidly reformatted to this precision, high-throughput platform.
"Customers are challenged with delivering large numbers of high-quality samples to our analytical platforms," said Nitin Sood, general manager of Agilent's Automation Solutions Division. "The Bravo liquid handling platform for the AssayMAP system enables our customers to reproducibly provide high-purity, highly parallelized samples to their multiple analytics platforms in formats they can use right away. We believe that the combined strength of Agilent's automation and the AssayMAP technology will improve biologics discovery and development, reducing cycle times and improving the quality of results."
The Bravo with 96AM head instrument will be launched at the Lab Automation meeting in January. Agilent will become a single point of contact for complete protein purification solutions built on the Bravo and AssayMAP technologies. Agilent will continue to expand the AssayMAP content portfolio leveraging extensive expertise in sample preparation applications, and BioSystem Development will focus on bringing new chemistries and content partners into the platform under their AssayMAP Alliance program.
"Agilent's innovative automation solutions are critical to the development of the AssayMAP platform," said Scott Fulton, founder and CEO of BioSystem Development, LLC. "Agilent is enabling the evolution of AssayMAP from simple 'bind-and-elute' workflows to true high-precision chromatography on an established fully automated platform. We look forward to Agilent helping us to move well beyond the bioprocess development market that is our current focus."
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in chemical analysis, life sciences, electronics and communications. The company's 18,500 employees serve customers in more than 100 countries. Agilent had net revenues of $5.4 billion in fiscal 2010. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
About BioSystem Development
BioSystem Development, established in 2002, creates, manufactures and markets tools and products to meet the critical and growing analytical needs of biopharmaceutical development. The company's patented AssayMAP platform, based on disposable micro-chromatography cartridges and automation, enables high throughput solutions for bioprocess development, biomarkers and general life science research that reduce development time and increase efficiency. AssayMAP® is patented technology of BioSystem Development. AssayMAP® is a registered trademark of BioSystem Development.
# # #
Scott Fulton, BioSystem Development, LLC
+608 345 8297
Eric Endicott, Agilent Technologies
+ 408 553 2005
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports Fourth-Quarter 2016 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and PureHoney Technologies to Develop New Applications for RapidFire/MS System". Santa Clara, CA & Acton, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]