Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/3/10). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Introduces Supercritical Fluid Chromatography System". Orlando, FL.
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Aurora SFC Systems Inc.|
|Product||1200 Series Analytical SFC System|
|Product 2||supercritical fluid chromatography (SFC)|
|Index term 2||Aurora SFC Systems–Agilent: Aurora SFC Fusion A5, 200903– service technical support for development by Agilent|
|Person||Berger, Terry (Aurora SFC Systems 200903 Chief Scientist + Founder)|
|Person 2||Schütte, Stefan (Agilent 200903 Senior Marketing Director Liquid Chromatography Business)|
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today introduced the Agilent 1200 Series Analytical Supercritical Fluid Chromatography (SFC) System. This new system combines the Agilent 1200 Series Rapid Resolution Liquid Chromatography system with the Aurora SFC Fusion A5 into a complete SFC system. Aurora SFC Systems Inc. and Agilent Technologies have signed an OEM agreement under which Agilent will sell and support the combined system.
The new Agilent 1200 Series Analytical SFC System delivers a breakthrough tenfold increase in sensitivity compared to existing SFC solutions. This increase is achieved by combining Aurora SFC Fusion A5 and Agilent solvent delivery systems to deliver carbon dioxide flow with the same pulseless precision as is achieved for water and organic solvent. A dynamic range greater than 20,000 allows researchers to measure enantiomeric excess and quantify impurities that are 0.05 percent of the main peak. Carbon dioxide-based mobile phase diffusion rates enable high-resolution and ultrafast separations at moderate operating pressures, using conventional size columns.
In addition to the tenfold sensitivity improvement, the Agilent 1200 Series Analytical SFC System also costs from one-tenth to one-fifteenth of existing systems to operate because it uses standard-grade carbon dioxide instead of highly expensive liquid SFC grade carbon dioxide. Moreover, very low solvent consumption is environmentally friendly.
"SFC can be three to five times faster than HPLC; it's an ideal match for small drug-like molecules; and it should be the method of choice for chiral separations," said Dr. Terry Berger, founder and chief scientist of Aurora SFC Systems. "Agilent worked closely with us to bring these and many more advantages to the marketplace."
"We're very pleased to be working with Aurora to help make this exciting technology accessible to the pharmaceutical community and other scientists needing to detect trace amounts of chiral compounds and measure enantiomeric excess," said Stefan Schuette, Agilent senior marketing director, Liquid Chromatography Business. "SFC can now be considered a seamless extension of HPLC."
The Aurora SFC Fusion A5 connects to the Agilent 1200 RRLC System, combining the robustness, reliability and performance of Agilent's LC technology with the enhanced speed, resolution and sensitivity of SFC. Installation is completely reversible, so the Agilent instrument can still be used in RRLC configuration.
SFC is similar to normal phase HPLC, but most of the mobile phase is replaced by liquid carbon dioxide. Much higher flow rates are achieved with proportional increases in numbers of samples that can be run per shift, and associated cost savings.
The Agilent 1200 Series Analytical SFC System may be ordered starting in April. Visit www.agilent.com and www.aurorasfc.com for more information.
About Aurora SFC Systems
Aurora SFC Systems, Inc. provides scientific chromatography instruments based on next-generation Supercritical Fluid Chromatography (SFC) technology. Founded by Dr. Terry Berger, Aurora SFC Systems is led by a dedicated team of SFC experts who have contributed fundamental improvements in the technology of analytical and preparative SFC since 1985. As the only scientific instrumentation company exclusively focused on SFC, Aurora pledges to provide innovative solutions that set new standards for performance, price and ease of use. Information about Aurora is available on the Web at www.aurorasfc.com.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in communications, electronics, life sciences and chemical analysis. The company's 16,000 employees serve customers in more than 110 countries. Agilent had net revenues of $4.5 billion in fiscal 2009. Information about Agilent is available on the Web at www.agilent.com.
# # #
+1 408 553 7191
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports Fourth-Quarter 2016 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and PureHoney Technologies to Develop New Applications for RapidFire/MS System". Santa Clara, CA & Acton, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]