Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/1/10). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Introduces Transportable GC/MS for High-performance, Out-of-Laboratory Analysis". Orlando, FL.
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Product||5975T Low Thermal Mass (LTM) GC/MSD|
|Product 2||GC/MS (gas chromatography/mass spectrometry)|
|Person||Li, Jeff (Agilent 201003 General Manager Emerging Market Measurement Solutions)|
|Person 2||Matlow, Stuart (Stu) (Thermo Fisher 201206 Public Relations Manager Chromatography + Mass Spectrometry before Agilent)|
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today introduced the 5975T Low Thermal Mass (LTM) Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry Detector (GC/MSD), the industry's first commercial transportable GC/MS system that delivers laboratory-quality analysis. Using proprietary LTM technology, Agilent has developed the 5975T LTM GC/MS to be smaller, more rugged and to consume less power than in-lab GC/MS instruments, yet capable of the same high-quality performance in the field.
Agilent's LTM technology eliminates the conventional GC oven by wrapping the GC column(s) with a heating element and temperature sensor. This provides rapid heating and cooling of the column for higher throughput. It also reduces power consumption by 46 percent, shrinks the footprint by 38 percent and reduces weight by 35 percent.
"Agilent's LTM technology will continue to enable faster and smarter GC and GC/MS systems in the future," said Jeff Li, Agilent general manager of Emerging Market Measurement Solutions, Chemical Analysis Group. "The 5975T LTM GC/MSD is an example of how to deliver laboratory-quality results in a compact, green package."
The 5975T LTM GC/MSD is particularly well-suited for chemical warfare analysis, first responders, and military and homeland security officials who need fast and highly accurate results in the field. Additional out-of-laboratory applications include food safety testing and environmental monitoring.
The 5975T LTM GC/MSD has several key features that enhance customer ease-of-use. The LTM technology allows customers to quickly change the LTM column module in the field, aiding in service and maintenance. The inert ion source allows for the highest performance with samples containing active compounds. A liquid auto-injector option is available, enabling calibration verification and semi-volatile organic compound analysis in the field. Additionally, with the classical electron impact (EI) spectra, quadrupole technology delivers National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) searchable spectra of unknowns. With a 1.8u to 1050u mass range, the 5975T LTM GC/MSD offers a wide range of applications.
For more information on the new Agilent 5975T LTM GC/MSD, please visit www.chem.agilent.com.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in communications, electronics, life sciences and chemical analysis. The company's 16,000 employees serve customers in more than 110 countries. Agilent had net revenues of $4.5 billion in fiscal 2009. Information about Agilent is available on the Web at www.agilent.com.
# # #
+1 408 553 7191
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports Fourth-Quarter 2016 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and PureHoney Technologies to Develop New Applications for RapidFire/MS System". Santa Clara, CA & Acton, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]