Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (4/21/15). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Introduces New Q-TOF Mass Spectrometry System". Santa Clara, CA.
Enhanced Hardware and Software of Midrange Instrument Sets Standard for Routine Analyses
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today introduced the Agilent 6545 Q-TOF mass spectrometry system, designed to provide added sensitivity for routine analyses.
The new midrange system includes advances in hardware and software that make it both more reliable and easier to use for trace-level analysis of small-molecule compounds in applications such as food safety, environmental testing, forensic toxicology and pharmaceuticals.
The 6545 is engineered to be Agilent's most reliable Q-TOF ever, building on a legacy for LC/MS reliability and adding hardware advances such as ion shaping optics, high-voltage power supplies, and longer-life parts to increase robustness.
The system's new autotune software leverages particle swarm technology to optimize the instrument for small-molecule analyses with the click of a button. In just about 15 minutes, it optimizes the instrument to get up to five times more sensitivity for small molecule compounds, including low-intensity compounds.
"The 6545 demonstrates Agilent's commitment to increasing mass-spec sensitivity at every price point, delivering up to five times the sensitivity of previous instruments for small molecule analyses," said Monty Benefiel, Agilent vice president and general manager of mass spectrometry products. "With Agilent mass-spec systems—along with our MassHunter software and compounds databases—any user can get exceptional quantitative and qualitative results."
"The 6545 Q-TOF offers a substantial leap forward in sensitivity while maintaining all other features one expects from a high-end Q-TOF system," said Dr. Koen Sandra, director of R&D at the Research Institute for Chromatography, which has sites in Belgium and France. "Together with its improved robustness and advanced-yet-user-friendly tuning, the 6545 Q-TOF can be a workhorse in both targeted and untargeted profiling of small molecules in a wide range of applications. We were suddenly able to elucidate impurities in pharmaceutical samples that we overlooked in the past."
Agilent is the leader in qualitative identification, offering extensive compound databases for pesticides, metabolites, mycotoxins, veterinary drugs and drugs of abuse for forensic analysis.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A), a global leader in life sciences, diagnostics, and applied chemical markets, is the premier laboratory partner for a better world. Agilent works with customers in more than 100 countries, providing instruments, software, services, and consumables for the entire laboratory workflow. Agilent generated revenues of $4.0 billion in fiscal 2014. The company employs about 12,000 people worldwide. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
# # #
Victoria Wadsworth Hansen
+45 2933 6980
Record changed: 2016-06-07
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports Fourth-Quarter 2016 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and PureHoney Technologies to Develop New Applications for RapidFire/MS System". Santa Clara, CA & Acton, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]