Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (6/6/11). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies’ New Q-TOF LC/MS Offers 10 Times more Sensitivity than Previous Model, Plus 50 HZ Acquisition Rates". Denver, CO.
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||ETH Zürich, Institute of Molecular Systems Biology (ETHZ-IMSB)|
|Group||ETH Zürich (ETHZ)|
|Product||6550 iFunnel Q-TOF LC/MS system (Agilent)|
|Product 2||iFunnel technology|
|Person||Smith, Richard D. (United States (govt) 201006 Pacific Northwest National Laboratory)|
|Person 2||Zamboni, Nicola (ETH Zurich 201007 Institute of Molecular Systems Biology)|
Instrument Raises Performance Standard for Metabolomics, Food Testing, DMPK Qual/Quan, and Protein Identification
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today introduced the 6550 iFunnel quadrupole time-of-flight liquid chromatography mass spectrometry (Q-TOF LC/MS) system. It increases TOF sensitivity to low femtogram levels while delivering fast acquisition to 50 spectra/sec, up to five orders of intra-scan dynamic range, and robust performance and operation.
"Last year we debuted iFunnel technology to create the world's most sensitive triple quadrupole system - a claim that is still very valid today," said Ken Miller, Agilent marketing director, LC/MS. "This year we're extending this remarkable technology to our Q-TOF. The iFunnel Q-TOF delivers the performance to characterize complex samples and find and quantify compounds at extremely low concentration levels. All this without compromising sub 1-ppm mass accuracy, high resolution or data acquisition rates."
Superior sensitivity and speed make the 6550 iFunnel Q-TOF particularly well-suited for highly challenging qualitative and quantitative analyses in applications such as metabolomics, food-safety screening, early-stage drug metabolism and pharmacokinetics, and protein identification. High-resolution TOF and Q-TOF are the systems of choice for screening unknown or unexpected chemicals.
"We are extremely pleased with the results obtained by the 6550," said early-access user Dr. Nicola Zamboni of the Institute for Molecular Systems Biology, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich. "The increase in sensitivity and resolution directly translates into 10 times more reproducibly detectable m/z features, 10 to 100 times higher ion counts, drastically wider coverage of metabolism, and yet similar coefficient of variation and outstanding mass accuracy."
Agilent iFunnel technology was developed in conjunction with Dr. Richard Smith, inventor of the Ion Funnel and Battelle Fellow and Chief Scientist, Pacific Northwest National Laboratories.
"Ion Funnel technology could possibly be the most significant MS development since the introduction of API," said Dr. Smith. "It delivers a fundamental sensitivity and detection limit breakthrough, resulting in performance far exceeding the capabilities of conventional mass spectrometers."
This breakthrough sensitivity does not come at the expense of robust operation. Careful re-engineering of the ion optics elements was required to accommodate the extremely high ion flux in this new system. This translates directly into greater reliability and uptime for labs requiring productivity and the highest levels of performance.
New MassHunter Software
The Agilent 6550 iFunnel Q-TOF is supported by new MassHunter software functionality to facilitate qualitative and quantitation analyses, as well as new Qual/Quan workflows. New Study Manager capability allows quick setup of acquisition and processing methods to boost overall system efficiency.
For more information, visit www.agilent.com/chem/qtof (if link doesn't work, paste URL into browser).
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in chemical analysis, life sciences, electronics and communications. The company's 18,500 employees serve customers in more than 100 countries. Agilent had net revenues of $5.4 billion in fiscal 2010. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
# # #
For images related to this press release, please visit the ImageLibrary (Image #181)
+1 408 553 7191
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports Fourth-Quarter 2016 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and PureHoney Technologies to Develop New Applications for RapidFire/MS System". Santa Clara, CA & Acton, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]