Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (2/3/11). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Introduces Headspace Sampler for Volatile-sample Gas Chromatography Applications". Santa Clara, CA.
|Product||7697A Headspace Sampler|
|Product 2||GC/MS (gas chromatography/mass spectrometry)|
|Person||Kane, Shanya (Agilent 200803 VP + General Manager Gas Chromatography)|
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today introduced a headspace instrument for gas chromatography (GC) sample analysis, the 7697A Headspace Sampler. Based on Agilent's automatic liquid sampler (ALS) technology, the 7697A Headspace Sampler features superior performance without loss or degradation of volatile components found in the gas portion of partitioned GC samples.
Headspace sampling allows the introduction of volatile compounds, from virtually any matrix, directly into a GC or GC/MS instrument. The technique is relatively simple when compared to other injection techniques, such as purge and trap, and keeps instruments cleaner than the standard liquid injection.
Designed to support multiple industries, the 7697A is appropriate for diverse applications, including:
* pharmaceutical quality assurance and quality control;
* environmental applications, such as identifying volatile substances in water;
* forensic analysis, such as distinguishing the presence of alcohol and other volatiles in blood;
* flavor and fragrance profiling; and
* food safety testing, such as detecting volatiles in beer and other beverages.
"The 7697A Headspace Sampler was designed with our customers in mind, incorporating unique features that improve workflow," said Shanya Kane, vice president, Gas Chromatography Systems and Workflow. "Not only is this instrument versatile and ready to use by everyone from the pharmaceutical industry to food safety testers, it is also energy efficient."
The 7697A Headspace Sampler is available as both a high-end sampler with 111-vial capacity or as a mid-range unit with 12-vial capacity. Additional features include:
* a barcode reader for those sample sets that require stringent confirmation;
* pneumatics control for consistent sampling;
* automatic calibration and vial leak checking;
* a comprehensive software package that minimizes user training time; and
* automatic shut-down and wake-up to conserve energy and resources.
The 7697A Headspace Sampler is available to order with first shipments expected in mid-February.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in chemical analysis, life sciences, electronics and communications. The company's 18,500 employees serve customers in more than 100 countries. Agilent had net revenues of $5.4 billion in fiscal 2010. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
# # #
For images related to this press release, please visit the ImageLibrary (Image #167)
+1 408 553 2005
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports Fourth-Quarter 2016 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and PureHoney Technologies to Develop New Applications for RapidFire/MS System". Santa Clara, CA & Acton, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]