Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (5/24/10). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Introduces Workflow HPLC-Chip for Biopharmaceutical Analysis. Agilent Tehcnologies Inc. Today Introduced a New HPLC-Chip to Address N-Glycan Analysis". Salt Lake City, UT.
The mAb-Glyco-Chip is designed for the analysis of N-glycans associated with monoclonal antibody molecules. N-glycans and monoclonal antibody molecules are a critical part of biopharmaceutical research and analysis. A unique product for a specific requirement, the mAb-Glyco-Chip improves the productivity of biopharmaceutical analysis at least 20 times when compared to the current CE-FLD method, and at least five times when compared to the current MALDI-MS method.
"The mAb-Glyco-Chip offers dramatic productivity improvements and addresses a growing need in the biopharmaceutical analysis market," said Patrick Kaltenbach, general manager for Agilent's Liquid Phase Separations Business. "Our growing portfolio of HPLC-Chip/MS solutions is an indication of our commitment to advancing microfluidic LC workflows. The launch of this new chip is a wonderful way to celebrate five years of success in the commercial microfluidic LC market."
Conventional methods of N-glycan analysis, such as LC-FLD or CE-FLD, can take two to three days for completing one single analysis. The new HPLC-Chip/MS workflow significantly reduces the total analysis (including on-chip enzymatic reaction, glycan separation and MS analysis) to tens of minutes. This creates a major productivity enhancement for biopharmaceutical analysis. Coupled with an Agilent Accurate Mass TOF or Q-TOF mass spectrometer, the combined system allows for complete, rapid characterization and quantitative profiling of glycan structures on recombinant antibodies.
The Agilent 1200 Series HPLC-Chip/MS system is a microfluidic chip-based technology for nanospray LC/MS. Agilent pioneered the HPLC-Chip/MS concept in 2005, combining nanoflow HPLC columns, and connecting capillaries and a spray emitter, into a re-useable, credit card-size device. This allowed the advantages of high-sensitivity and low-sample consumption provided by nano LC/MS to be accessible to scientists without the troublesome setup involving microvalve, fittings and capillary tubing of conventional nano LC.
Agilent now offers 13 versions of HPLC-Chips. All Agilent HPLC-Chips are compatible across the entire portfolio of Agilent mass spectrometers for applications that include, but not limited to, peptide quantitation, biomarker discovery, targeted phosphopeptide analysis, glycan and Monoclonal Antibody characterization, and small molecule DMPK studies. In addition, Agilent's custom chip program delivers customized solutions to individual needs.
The mAb-Glyco-Chip will be available in September.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in communications, electronics, life sciences and chemical analysis. The company's 16,000 employees serve customers in more than 110 countries. Agilent had net revenues of $4.5 billion in fiscal 2009. Information about Agilent is available on the Web at www.agilent.com.
# # #
For images related to this press release, please visit the ImageLibrary (Image #144)
+1 408 553 2005
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports Fourth-Quarter 2016 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and PureHoney Technologies to Develop New Applications for RapidFire/MS System". Santa Clara, CA & Acton, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]